TV Actors on Other Shows than the one you know them on

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
Scott the Hockey Guy
TV Actors on Other Shows than the one you know them on

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:16 pm

....its a clunky title but I couldn't think of a better one.....this all started with Arrow when I saw John Barrowmann playing something not Capt Jack and it blew my mind....and now the infection is spreading....I practically see the damn things everywhere..... Gaius Frakking Baltar on Arrow, then I noticed River Song playing Dinah's mom and I was beginning to feel like I was going nuts.....so I was watching the Dr Who re-run this morning and I saw Datek Tarr playing Vincent Van Goth :ugeek:

Hell this goes back to when I saw Independence Day and they went into Area 51 and Brent Spiner walked in and half the theater yelled "DATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It seemed like a good topic for a thread....ever seen an actor/actress who's so entrenched in your brain as someone that it blows your mind when you see them somewhere else???

Stephen

Re: TV Actors on Other Shows than the one you know them on

Post by Stephen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Oooh - I like this topic... I will come back when I think of some (kids up all night with a cold so I'm thinking a bit slow this am).

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:48 pm

No worries....it's one of those things it hits you when you see someone on a different show....like just seeing peter capaldi in the Musketeers did!

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:44 pm

At this point, Adam Baldwin in Independence Day blows my mind a bit.

A lot of the stuff I watch now was filmed in Vancouver, so I see a whole lot of crossover guest actors.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:07 am

As noted on Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the past two weeks I KNEW I noticed Mathew Glave from somewhere....the ladies kindly informed me (okay, maybe not so kindly) that I recognized him not from season 1 of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. but as a Starship captain from Stargate SG-1. ALSO....Adrian Pasdar? Originally from the movie Top Gun. *Mind....blown*

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:58 pm

I think my biggest "holy crap, that's him" moment was actually with Tom Baker. I had seen some Doctor Who when I was a kid and it happened to be Baker (go figure), but it came on so infrequently that I never really got into it. Then comes the BBC production of "The Silver Chair" and here is this bug-eyed crazy guy in the role of Puddleglum. I loved him instantly but could never figure out why. Fast forward 20 years and I'm a full blown Whovian going back to rewatch the classics. I start a fourth Doctor story and behold, here comes Puddleglum in a crazy long scarf and fighting bubble wrap monsters.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Damn it - I had one that I thought of the other day in the shower and now I can't remember what it is!!!! GLAAAAHHHHH... I suppose that's my fault for not having a waterproof case for my phone... I WILL think of it.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 pm

LOL, I figured this was more likely to happen during an episode or a random Netflix watching...all the more reason to have your phone with you 24/7 now :D

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 pm

So I don't watch it, but my wife LOVES Scandal. It kills me every time that you see the main characters father because he is pure evil and I have yet to see any redeemable quality in him. But he's played by the guy who played Henry in Eureka! How do you take the nicest, kindest, and least evil person on that show and decide he'd make a great evil mastermind?

He actually does a really good job, but every time he shows up I say something to the effect of "what are you doing, Henry?"

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Jay wrote:So I don't watch it, but my wife LOVES Scandal. It kills me every time that you see the main characters father because he is pure evil and I have yet to see any redeemable quality in him. But he's played by the guy who played Henry in Eureka! How do you take the nicest, kindest, and least evil person on that show and decide he'd make a great evil mastermind?

He actually does a really good job, but every time he shows up I say something to the effect of "what are you doing, Henry?"
:lol: .....I STILL do that with John Barrowman on Arrow.....I'm like...but but.....you're CAPT JACK dammit!!! You're not like this....its very hard to mentally shake off the type cast.....