Star Trek TNG

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
TheDoctor80
Star Trek TNG

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:08 pm

So now that I have some free time at nights I've decided to rewatch TNG. I have watched a lot of Trek. I grew up watching TNG from the first episode on. Now at 34 I'm gaining a new sense of the show.

Live long and prosper.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: Star Trek TNG

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:27 pm

BBC 'Murica replays them in the mornings too....I dunno.....for me of all the Trek series this is the one that loses the most lister on re-watching....when it was good it was amazing....but when it was BAD .....it hurt.....

DS9 and Voyager (until that horrific ending) I look back upon much fonder upon second viewings

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:43 am

Om probably tainted by as Beef says Nostalgia. I intend to fully watch the other 4 series after TNG.

I Remember struggling with DS9 at first when the only major problem was who would run the school.

Live long and prosper.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:11 am

that was the first thing I did when I hooked up the streaming netflix.....funny I finished all the Star Trek's like 2 years ago when the NHL playoffs had ended....so much money saved that way..... I'm a weird one in that DS9 was by FAR my favorite Trek series....it was like a prelude to BSG for me :)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:19 pm

I'll for sure give DS9 another try. I did like the characters. It was a good show when I watched it.

Live long and prosper.

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm doing a chronological rewatch (starting with Enterprise) and am into Season 5 of TNG. Haven't watched any over the last couple weeks because I'm alternating Daredevil and White Collar at the moment.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:33 am

Did you get the mud bath episode yet? I don't need the idea of Worf naked in a bath in my mind. Glah

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Eh, to me the worst TNG episode was the "lil crawly aliens who possessed all of Starfleet and were taking over from the inside"....it felt more like a bad Sci Fi horror movie than good Star Trek.....

mama Troi is gold in TNG....or any show she was involved with!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:38 am

Stephen wrote:Did you get the mud bath episode yet? I don't need the idea of Worf naked in a bath in my mind. Glah
Haven't hit that one yet but I remember it well. I just watched the one where Deanna was supposed to get married. The first intro of her mom. (Wonderful lady to meet in person I might add.) It was a bit over the top when Troy threw a temper tantrum.

The truth is out there

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri May 01, 2015 2:49 am

TheDoctor80 wrote:
Stephen wrote:Did you get the mud bath episode yet? I don't need the idea of Worf naked in a bath in my mind. Glah
Haven't hit that one yet but I remember it well. I just watched the one where Deanna was supposed to get married. The first intro of her mom. (Wonderful lady to meet in person I might add.) It was a bit over the top when Troy threw a temper tantrum.

The truth is out there
No, he's talking about one later on. Looks like I'm about 5 episodes away from it.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD