Summer TV withdrawls.....

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
Scott the Hockey Guy
Summer TV withdrawls.....

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu May 28, 2015 2:46 pm

It feels weird to not have episodes of Flash and Arrow and the like around every week now until late September......I'm going through an odd bit of withdrawls......it's helping that I have Flash Season 1 on DVR (and BTW, boo, hiss and nasty gestures at Comcast for not keeping the current seasons of Arrow and Flash on the On Demand access....bastards....)...... I know we're going to jump into DareDevil soon too....but I'm a DC dammit....good thing I have all these hockey leagues or I'd be going out my mind this summer.....what do y'all do?? Even the animated DC stuff I was peeking in on seems gone from Netflix.......acccckkkkkk

(yes this is my first summer of this....)

ChrisFerrell

Re: Summer TV withdrawls.....

Post by ChrisFerrell » Sat May 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Daredevil is totally worth watching regardless of where your comic fandom lies.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat May 30, 2015 7:11 pm

It's next on our list once we catch up on Orphan Black (which is also outstanding FYI)

Ilyana

Post by Ilyana » Sat May 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Daredevil definitely!

This is the time of year I end up catching up on all the stuff that I couldn't get into earlier - series 2 of Broadchurch is on my list at the moment, we're halfway through and I'm getting cranky that I have to wait to watch it until himself has time. I also have the end of The Following to finish up and a few other shows.

Wayward Pines has just started and that seems an acceptable way to spend an hour a week, and soon there will be Defiance, Dark Matter, Killjoys and The Last Ship to keep me occupied :D

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat May 30, 2015 8:42 pm

oh yes.... Defiance :)

I think I'm just getting the itch for Season 9 of Dr Who too, and it feels weird to have a DVR that only has wrestling shows on it right now!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:58 am

For myself I'm starting summer with the 90's Flash. Then off to some shows from my childhood. Also the Gf Christine and I are going to be doing a Marvel Cinematic movie watch. She's never seen Avengers. We tried but she needs the other stories first. I'm on hold for the last few episodes of Shield until I see Age of Ultron.

The truth is out there

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:58 am

I too am having withdrawals. I had a moment last Tuesday myself. I suppose this means I'll have to go outside or something.... Or I'll just make due with these "glories" like under the dome.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:04 am

Lucky me I have like 5-7 hockey games a week to keep me going :D

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:46 pm

We started DareDevil we got through two episodes.....it seems ok.....kinda reminds me of a Marvel version of Arrow with the dark and corrupt city and all (I did like the ties to a rebuilding NTC from the Avengers....can't ever remember a comic series really mention the rebuild from an epic-type battle like that before.....was a nice touch)....we're gonna keep going but I don't think I'd call us "hooked" on it.....

now Orphan Black on the other hand (easily caught up on since it only does ten episodes a season).....we're totally all-in on....Jamie loves "Soccer Mom" Allison, have to admit so do I :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 pm

I'm watching Daredevil when I can. I adore this show so much. It all fits. They address the Avengers issues. They keep in in check but not too tight they can't expand, or rely on those cameos. The violence is brutal. I knew going in that there was gonna be something more real about it and there is. Matt gets his ass kicked just as much as he kicks ass. It could easily be the other guy getting up first. No for the funny. As I sat watching the first episode something was nagging me about Foggy. Well Dude's from Mighty Ducks. Dang the mouse has been paying him for years.