Supergirl

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
Scott the Hockey Guy
Supergirl

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 pm

I had a weird situation last night, at the same time I was recording Gotham, Raw and Supergirl, seems my cable box needs to be on one of the three channels when I record three shows at once, since I didn't care about Raw, was saving Gotham for Jamie, I put this one on....I enjoyed it....it's not GREAT like Flash or Arrow (or at least out the door as great), but it was fun..... they portrayed Kara as a bit of a "Felicity who can fly" I felt, she was dorky but not brilliant.....it was kinda cool to see her look like a five year old kid when she took to flying again or the bullets bounced off her chest....the show seems ok.....I wish it was on CW and not CBS, I feel it might get Constantine'ed but hopefully it's a fun ride....and it was very wink wink nudge nudge on ducking Superman mentions

(I also LOVED the Easter Egg in who Kara's adoptive parents were played by....well done!)

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: Supergirl

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:46 pm

man I have no luck with shows I bring up in this thread :p

It's not Arrow or Flash (and I don't like the "unsure of herself young girl coming of age" character they have Benoist playing, but she has the look and the feel when she's not being too damned insecure....so I'm hoping she finds herself fast), and I think they should have saved Evil Auntie for the end of the season not while she's stumbling through becoming herself, but it's got some promise.....I don't see CBS sticking with it....maybe it ends up on CW after a season

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:59 am

I'm watching episode two of the series right now. You're right she needs to find herself fast. Also I'm glad that Benoist isn't overly hot. She's adorable and cute but not the cw super overly sexualized girl.

I don't know what to make of Cat. I know her comic background and I'm wondering what they will keep of that and what they won't.

And at this point who cares that Jimmy isn't a freckle face ginger. It's 2015 after all.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:04 pm

I do think the best thing going for this show is how much Benoist has that perfect look, charm and aura for the character....she really projects it well, the rest of this show is REALLY stumbling out of the box, especially compared to all the other hero shows on TV now

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:30 pm

It's true but this is CBS. They aren't sure of the formula. They are afraid to go after the younger generation. But hopefully they pull out stops and make it better. So far I get a really early Smallville vibe or dare I say it Lois and Clark vibe.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:44 pm

I actually liked Lois and Clark....go figure.....I wonder how it would stand up to a re-watch

CBS and CW are in the same family....not asking for advice was foolish if they didn't

I wish this was less a "coming of age for Kara" show....but episode 3 had a step forward....I liked the text convo between her and Clark that was a nice touch, they should do more of that

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:53 pm

I liked Lois and Clark as well. I was just comparing the vibe it was not targeted at geeks. It was more family friendly.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:13 pm

that's a good question....who IS Supergirl targeted at?? Maybe that's why it feels like its missing a little...hrmmmmm

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:29 pm

That's the key they aren't targeting the same demographics as CW.

Sent from my tricorder

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:31 am

Tonight was definitely my favorite episode so far. I missed a bit of the dinner argument because of my signal cutting out, but this almost felt like an episode of Flash.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD