Phone Cases... Or lack thereof.

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
Stephen
Phone Cases... Or lack thereof.

Post by Stephen » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:03 pm

Phone Cases are something that usually causes debate when we talk about it on the GonnaGeek podcast. JS doesn't use a case and is a big advocate for showing the phone the way it was meant to me.

Myself on the other hand, I think a cheap TPU case is idea. Fairly low profile but still gives protection in all the right places. I think about all the times I've dropped my phones on corners and how fortunate I've been.

But with my latest phone, the moto x, I have a bamboo back and it changes my perspective. I want to show off the back, but finding a completely clear TPU case has been impossible so far. Everywhere i look the case is at least partially frosted (what I have now).

So that leads me to ask, what is your experience with using or not using a case? What do you currently have?

Also, do you use a screen protector? I usually have the film ones but I read good things recently about the glass ones.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: Phone Cases... Or lack thereof.

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:10 am

I'm pro-case because my Blackberry is tiny (my GF complains endlessly when I want to show her something funny on my phone...she can deal I'm holding for the BB-Classic!) And it helps protect your investment from the inevitable drops......

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Which BlackBerry do you own?

The good news is I think I found a case that'll do exactly what I want - but it's more than I like to spend on a case... so perhaps I'll wait as my wife hinted Christmas is around the corner hahaha

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:52 pm

An old curve, I've been upgrade-eligble for six months now but I HATED some of the Q10 features so I've been waiting.....the BB classic looks like the phone of my cell phone dreams!!

LOL, my birthday is in two weeks, my GF cringes anytime I go to best buy :p (I think she got me a Go Pro so I can record my goalie games and see what I'm doing wrong, but its unfair since I can read her mind too easily :p )....so now I torment her oh so subtily :D

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Ooh! That would be a real good use of a gopro. I always want one just to screw around with, but having a good use like that is brilliant.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 pm

I can't claim genius on that one, I've had three or four ice hockey goalies that do the same

I got this gem from over 2 years ago (Good Lord my weight loss still sticks out from even two years ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA68tpW ... 4aaNyX41MQ

Though I'm still a lumberer in front of the goal....I'm just a stronger one now :D

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:09 pm

That's great Scott! :)

Aset

Post by Aset » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Absolytely get a case! I've had my glass crack from a small drop, it hit just right & cracked in my hand 8 hours later. I currently sport a Spigen case. It's not decorative at all, but the nice bonus, it has a small kickstand for propping to read/watch hands free!
Jeannie
Fire and Blood
http://tyrionslanding.com