Random Thoughts Thread

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
TheDoctor80
Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:12 am

I wish I could keep my SiriusXM's subscription. The 80's on 8 and Classic rewind were my fave.

I'll just make up with it in podcasts.

The truth is out there

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:09 pm

I consider my satelitte radio a MUST have, but I drive around a lot on a busy day and NY radio is God-AWFUL, I had turned to sports and talk radio well over a decade ago, but all the talk shows I liked (mostly Opie and Anthony, I always loved how they were an open outlet for stand-up comics and still are in the Opie and Jim Norton version) and the NFL and NHL channels (they also have a very cool pro wrestling show three times a week).....I love the niche variety on XM as opposed to hearing Mike Francessa ramble about the Yankees for five hours a day....much more palatable :) ...... but if you don't drive all day, look into the internet-only service....it's quite good (and cheap) too

one day I'll get me a fancy listening device in the car for podcasts, but I kinda treat that like I am with reading news on the internet....I'd rather read and discuss over listening, plus I'm a big message board guy too....I'm an odd mix......

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:52 pm

I have spells of what/how I listen in the car. I'll go through spells where radio gets SO BAD that the next time I get a call from XM's promo it's a "yes, as quick as you can" repsonse lol

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:29 am

If I could afford the service I'd keep it. It's a lack of funds from my work accident.

I've dusted off my box of cds and am adding stuff to my vans HDD.

Podcasts I consume cause I'm the only one who will listen to them. Not that my Gf isn't as big a geek as I am she just doesn't listen.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm gonna be happy to have it in the car tomorrow on the way to Vermont, one less worry in the car and i'll be able to listening to the wrestling talk channel from 2-4 :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:23 pm

I got the promo call from Sirius yesterday offering me a good rate. Since I'm off work and on limited funds I told her anything over a dollar is not a good rate.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:54 am

A random hockey story to kick some life back into this place:

we're getting our asses kicked like 8-0, there's 4:00 left in the game and I'm playing defense (FYI this is floor hockey, no skates needed)....my stick doesn't break it SHATTERS, we're getting run around all over the place.....one clearing attempt hits my shin and goes back in, we're kinda fucked at this point, I look around and decide....well fuck, might as well get a penalty to at least stop play....hey look....closest player is Jessica!! (she's a 4'9" lil bulldog and friend of mine since we've played together forever) I run over, and grab her stick, no luck....i yell, HEY Kenny (the ref who I also know)... LOOK!!! He looks at me and goes "fuck yourself" so the play ends up in her feet, I scoop it up and just throw the fucking thing down the rink and least got to get off the rink and change players....possibly one of the funniest hockey stories I was a part of :D