Epically awesome Christmas Story :)

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
Scott the Hockey Guy
Epically awesome Christmas Story :)

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:53 pm

So this is the first year I've gotten to know Jamie's kids and these are the first holidays we've had with the kids knowing of my existence and over the last six months we've been trying to wean them into some of the shows we like.... Supergirl they didn't like so much (they freak out every time Kara gets beat up even though we tell them she always wins at the end and overcoming the problems only makes her a stronger and better hero)...considering how sad they got when Kara's parents die at the start of the show, the Flash is probably out for now (*sulk*) ....so we started with Dr Who, our thoughts were....we'll show them the show, but we're gonna avoid the Weeping Angels, those things will just terrify them.....but go figure....what was on BBC....the original Angel episode....so we sat through it....they watched half the episode covering their faces with their hands (and go figure they didn't like David Tennant that much)....but came back for more....so instead of going Netflix, since I bought Jamie the Matt Smith box set last year we went with it.....so far they've seen five episodes....they don't understand a damn thing (and ask a million questions, and the only thing that annoys their mother more is that I answer ALL of them....I realize it's more important they watch and like the show and I can re-watch whenever)....so Jamie was out with them (and their father) Christmas shopping....they see a stack of Dr Who pops in wherever they were.... Autumn dives in the pile, tears the whole damn thing apart and REFUSES to leave because "WE HAVE TO GET SCOTT A WEEPING ANGEL FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!" ....and they did....and it was seriously one of the most amazing, hit out of the ballpark, get me in the major fucking feels gifts I think I've ever got :)

TheDoctor80

Re: Epically awesome Christmas Story :)

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:34 am

This shall go down in history as a great moment in time.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:11 am

Oh it is totally one of my favorite Christmas moments no doubt :)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Sounds like you're an in for sure. To me Christmas is always stress but the tea from my kids will help ease that.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Oh yeah, the same kid about three months ago hugged the hell out of me and said "it's like your part of the family or something!" (I was quite OK with that too)

Next step is to sit them down for Star Wars :D