Robocop(2014) Trailer

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
AnthonyBachman
Robocop(2014) Trailer

Post by AnthonyBachman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:27 pm

The trailer is out. Have you scene it yet?

If not, go here: RoboCop on IMDB

Now, what do you think? Good? Bad? Must see? Must miss?

Stephen

Re: Robocop(2014) Trailer

Post by Stephen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:37 pm

It looks like I might have seen all the good parts in the trailer... but i'm really hoping not.

How about yourself?

ScottMiller

Post by ScottMiller » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:16 am

Like Stephen said I hope it's more than the trailer. It's hard not to be impressed by the cast which is beyond stellar.

AnthonyBachman

Post by AnthonyBachman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:34 am

Honestly I was one of those that was extremely unhappy when I heard this moving was up on the Hollywood reboot block. The Verhoeven RoboCop in 1987 has scenes in it that will never be green-lit by a studio again. We had a cop get taken out because she couldn't resist looking at a perp's dick which led to the viscous torture/murder of her partner. And a personal favorite a scene with an executive actually doing coke off of whores! In good and bad the original screams how the future was going to look to those living in the 80's.
Sadly stuff like that will not be in the remake. However the cast alone I think should give us hope. Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson, and Gary Oldman together in one film, along with Jay Baruchel, Jackie Earle Haley, and Michael K Williams! That is a ton of bad ass talent in one film. With that being said I think it all falls on the script and the director. We've scene now with the trailer that the film will look great. As long as there is something in there that wasn't in the trailer, hopefully some graphic violence and a nice level of ridiculousness than this film could be really good.
I've got my fingers crossed and I'm hoping. Hoping doesn't cost me anything.
Though I will be sad if there's not a Kurtwood Smith cameo.

Gamerasith

Post by Gamerasith » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Eh, looks better than I thought... Looks like they will explore the family aspect better in this one, will give it a look....

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:01 pm

I do have to admit that the more and more I think about / watch I am getting more excited... but my fear is still present... but I guess that's partially just Hollywood in general these days.

RyanNumrich

Post by RyanNumrich » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:04 am

Quote from Gamerasith on September 11, 2013, 14:05
Eh, looks better than I thought... Looks like they will explore the family aspect better in this one, will give it a look....

That's the part that looked the best to me, too. Exploring Robocop's humanity (such as it is) is a really clever way to breath new life into the concept.

Overall, I enjoyed the trailer way more than I thought I would. The cast is great and I like the redesign more than I thought I would. I'm really glad they kept the modulated voice. I'm excited to see it.