HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR MOVIES?!

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
Stephen
HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR MOVIES?!

Post by Stephen » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:15 am

I am currently in the process of a Den furniture change and I've just moved my rack that I use to store movies. I have over 200 movies and while I've always been a big fan of keeping cases, I also am thinking that perhaps I would be wise to just invest in a good set of DVD/CD books. The reality is that DVDs and Blurays carry very little value as is, so why am I keeping these? For my enjoyment. Sure, it's kind of cool to see them all - but is the cool factor worth all the space taken?

So... HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR MOVIES/TV SHOWS/MEDIA?

TheDoctor80

Re: HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR MOVIES?!

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:34 pm

I've gone to a mainly online storage. Couple hard drives 1tb and 2tb. I've reserved buying any new blurays to one's I really want a set for. Also thinking of selling my older DVDS after securing a digital copy of it. They do take up a ton of room. That room I'd rather dedicate to video games.

The truth is out there.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:49 pm

one DVD rack for movies, TV shows, etc

a second DVD rack for all the wrestling DVD's Blu-Rays and doucmentaries

I'm old school.....I like being able to put my hands on what I purchase (unless it's Netflix/WWE Network)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:49 pm

I'm old school too. I do prefer physical copies. I can't wait till I can get my Dr Who sets.

The truth is out there.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:36 pm

TheDoctor80 wrote:I can't wait till I can get my Dr Who sets.
What bank are you robbing for this??? I want in :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Well if I can it'll be settlement money from my injury.

The truth is out there.

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:40 pm

So I've since changed my mind again. I like some hard copies more than digital. Just all the little hassles that sometimes comes with Digital only. I've also switched a few of my DVD's to Blue-Ray copies just cause those take up less space. I've been seriously considering the Lord of the Rings Trillogy and Hobbit Trillogy on Blue-Ray. I do own those Lord of the Rings ones that look like books, and I have 2 out of 3 Hobbits on DVD, but the space is so much. I almost caved and bought that new X-Files set just to have the DVD sets gone for space, but once I saw the 2 movies weren't in them I didn't. Yes I know the second movie was not so good but I mean I liked it sortaish in a way possibly, maybe?. I've also taken up finding Blue-Ray copies of movies I loved so I can add them to my collection. Shitty though how expensive Disney ones are. Damn Mouse you get too much of my money. I've decided some TV shows I am ok with not getting the Blue-Ray versions of. But others I am not. It really made my OCD go off when I own season 1-6 of Big Bang on DVD and 7-8 on Blue-Ray, the internal conflict I had over this was epic. 4K really now another format. Do we even need this? Am I gonna feel obligated to buy movies on this format now going forth. Should I get a player and a TV? How it would be nice if we lived in a society where we didn't have to wait for reissues and all. I was looking for the new Knight Rider series on DVD and since it is out of print a new one was like $500ish. Shame companies can't burn on demand. We live in a time it's almost possible, except the cost.