my Stabley Cap experience!

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
Scott the Hockey Guy
my Stabley Cap experience!

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:46 pm

There's a local guy in Jersey who a few years ago started a parody NHL site he called "the Stabley Cap" (it's mostly aimed at how the local teams all hate each other and names and commentary and so on, it's a pretty popular Facebook group too)

....long story short the guy who runs the site decides... "hey I want to host an ice hockey event that would be worthy of the Stabley Cap!"....and he did on Sunday night.....and I played in it.....and we won pretty handily (not because of me mind you :p ) .....but still in all, it was your usual beer league level hockey stuff....but with some twists.... A semi-staged line brawl that you can see around minute 48 in the video where I took one of my best friends to "Headlock City" literally dragging her across the rink and using the boards as a turnbuckle (when the "fight" starts just look for the white 22 jersey and follow me and be entertained)....to our goalie getting a penalty shot in the finals game....you can skip the middle game ....it was boring :p ..... but if you want to enjoy the shenanigans....by all means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKtNph_xIs