Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
TheDoctor80
Re: 2018

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm not a big ceremony kinda guy either, nor is the fiancé. However my eldest daughter talked her out of going to the court house and doing it with only 5 people. Now we are having like 15 max and it's costing a semi pretty penny lol. Could be a hell of a lot worse. Whatever it turns out to be though I'm just glad we're getting married.

I know how choosing a place is going to be. We had an opportunity to buy a house for a heck of a lot cheaper than they could have gotten, but had to turn it down due to finances not lining up properly. Now we have to wait and find something we will like again after the wedding. Which means we have to plan a honeymoon that is not going to use all of the savings we have.

I have to stop buying stuff I've come to realize. I have more video games than I could possibly ever play. Plus a growing movie, book, and vinyl collection. Finding a space for all of that is going to be fun. She did say I could have a man cave/geek cave, but finding that perfect place is going to be fun.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:46 pm

It's kinda funny, the closest we came to talking weddings was when I got the customer from hell who happened to be a DJ, who OCD'ed me called me repeatedly TWO WEEKS before I was going there and then after annoying the piss out of me for 90 minutes, was trying to cut me a deal to DJ the wedding, that if I DID ever have wouldn't have the damn DJ....heh

Yeah my big thing is the only places we seem able to find are closer to where she lives....it's all great that the kiddos can stay in their school, but I can see this making my work travels kinda suck more (the main highway in that area of NJ is a traffic-filled shithole....oy), the rest we can figure out on the fly....last week when I set my Hulu account to use their house as home the little one jumps and hugs me "DOES THIS MEAN THIS IS YOUR HOME NOW TOO!?!?!?!?!?!?!" ....heh!

Yeah I'm hoping we get a decent basement too, so we have a place for our business stuff (I need room to rebuild machines and do my jerrbbb, and a place to get away will still be welcome.....and she'll put her Mary Kay stuff in there too), but i'm still getting my fallout's and grand theft autos....and her kids read my comics too....so I'm good there :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Man weddings take up a lot of time to plan and shop for. I've been so preoccupied with the event on October 20th that I have not had time to do anything else. I apologize for the lack of posting. I have a few more busy weekends, then I can get caught up on all things geek. I plan on seeing Avengers this weekend, but I'll have to go alone. Hopefully Deadpool 2 soon as well, which the future wife actually wants to see. The DC shows I'll will binge watch one series until caught up. Next I will be starting Black Lightning. Solo is on the radar but that might be not a theater going. It all depends on timing. I got a preview of my first engagement photos, a little sad none of my sonic screw driver ones were included in the sneak peek. If your interested I'll post the 4 I have.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 pm

You can wait on BL.....I like that it stands alone....but it lacked a lot as it was world-building this year (so far the best finale by FAR was the Legends, followed by Flash, then BL (which I think Jamie tapped out on) and then Arrow.....I didn't like how Arrow ended, but I get why they did it...

the movies were fabulous and we have Solo tickets for Friday already and I'm more excited for this then ep 9 I must say

and yeah I'm moving out the weekend of June 15th.....15 years in this place....gonna be weird.....

and sure send them pics!!!!!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Here are what we have so far. More will come. The second shoot is Sunday so more chances to involve some Sonics ImageImageImageImage

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:52 pm

So I've now seen both Avengers Infinity War and Deadpool 2.

Both were fantastical movies.

I'm in awe at the way Avengers came together. Everyone's piece fit perfectly. I don't have many complaints. They had one miss opportunity to tie Thor to his 3rd movie. When he first got Stormbreaker after being tanned by the sun, the should have used the first few bars of Immigrant Song.

Everyone online is saying this is the point where Hulk/Banner split into two. I however think it's time for smart Hulk.

We will have to see what happens in part two once all the contracts get sorted out to see who's staying and who is really going.

Now for Deadpool 2

Where do I even begin. The sheer messed up story that it was so worked well. They played with who the whole is Deadpool a good guy or bad guy aspect a lot. And when it boils down he's just a guy doing the right thing even if it gets messy.

The killing off of his whole team but Domino was spectacular.

Speaking of Domino she played that so well. I loved the choice of actress.

The jokes and nods to all the other properties just nailed it. I don't know how they can top the jokes, unless they start poking fun at his role in Blade Trinity or some of his other more obscure things like Two guys, a girl, and a pizza place.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:01 pm

I did enjoy both movies, though it's amazing...so many movies this year I just don't give a shit about.... just waiting for mustache: impossible to come out now that most of the moving and unboxing is done and there's this actual free time thing running around now

I'm really starting to miss the CW Shows now, though Jessica Jones was good (too much mommy issues for my liking but it was still fun), and GLOW (it's a bit crass at first but the girls will grow on you)....and I need to still finish Luke Cage Season 1....heh

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 am

I'm missing the CW shows too, even though I have yet to finish any or them but the Flash. I'm 77 days out from my wedding and things are going crazy. Luckily I have my custom suit made just for me.

I don't give a crap about a lot of movies either this year. I can give or take seeing them in the theater. I have yet to even watch Black Panther.

I'll admit I'm kinda going through a life change where I am questioning something's in my life. Video games movies and all.

I've taken a different hobby and have poured energy into it. So now I've got too many lol. Image