Who should be the next Joker?

Just see a movie recently? Rewatch a film? Talk about it here!
Jay
Who should be the next Joker?

Post by Jay » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Let's face it, it's unless the DC movies tank hard, we're gonna see another Batman movie, and we will eventually see another Joker. So who would you like to see in the role?

My initial reaction (just like it was before I saw Ledger in Dark Knight) was Mark Hamill. We already know the guy can play him, they just have to give him the right look.

But that got me thinking about how would fit the look as well as play the part. Willem freaking Dafoe. I will pay all the monies to see that casting. The guy already has the grin, and we know he can play "crazy" like no one else. I think he would be perfect.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: Who should be the next Joker?

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:46 pm

I think I read the same article on it that you did....some of the suggestions were wayyy out there (like Eccelston, Tennant AND Matt Smith being on the guy's list....Matt Smith in joker-Face blew my mind....I don't think I could handle a Doctor/Joker cross-pollination like that....especially with that other thread I started....ha!!)

I just hope this "next Joker" is NOT on the Gotham series....that show is crowded enough currently.....

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Can I make a left field suggestion? Too bad, I will.. I think Hugh Laurie would put an interesting take on it...

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 pm

And of course I know that would never ever happen, but just a random Stephen idema

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Robin Williams would have been a great choice....

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Scott, I didn't read any article like that. Where is that article? I was discussing the idea with my brother and that's where this came from.

Star Pie, Williams was too much "over the top for comedy sake" and not as much "dangerously insane" for me to see him as the Joker. But I also didn't think Ledger would be able to pull it off.

Phteven, that would actually be a really interesting casting choice. I've not seen enough of Laurie to get an idea of what he would be like in the role, but it sounds cool.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm trying to find it....I think the guy was a lil Dr Who obsessed to name Tennat, Smith AND Eccelston and possible choices (hell I wonder if he'd update it for Capaldi now to complete the set)....maybe when I get home I can find it....it was in my FB feed yesterday

Robin Williams would have been a better Riddler to me

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:48 pm

I agree about Williams - would have been a good Riddler!