Mass Effect

Whether boardgames, video games or something in between, chat here.
NeilIsntWitty
Mass Effect

Post by NeilIsntWitty » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:56 pm

A forum's just not a forum without a Mass Effect thread. I'm going through a gaming slump these days, so I ended up blowing the dust off of the N7 HQ and looking for challenges to complete in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer. Going back and looking at obscure challenges was a good way to force me to use characters that I wouldn't otherwise use (i.e. Quarian Infiltrators and Engineers for Machine Mastery).

I was really surprised at how short the queues were for bronze and sliver PUGs on the weekend. From most of the low N7 and Challenge point scores, I'm wondering if the recent Playstation sale prices for the ME trilogy brought in a bunch of new players. Regardless, it was great to see that ME3 Multiplayer wasn't a barren wasteland.
Formerly Amberite, but probably not Nellie or Nelson. I'd probably answer to either tho.

Stephen

Re: Mass Effect

Post by Stephen » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Believe it or not - I have all 3 but haven't made it much into 1 -- I enjoy it - just never find the time anymore... perhaps if enough people talk about it here it'll get me to!

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:33 pm

You want me to talk about Mass Effect? You have no idea the can of worms you have opened my friend.

NeilIsntWitty

Post by NeilIsntWitty » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:32 pm

For all the hate mail that EA/Bioware for for including multiplayer in ME3, and for linking galactic readiness to participation in multiplayer, I came around pretty quickly. To this day if I want to kill some time (~15min for a bronze PUG), it's a no brainer. The Mass Effect N7 HQ interface makes it easy to track what challenges/achievements you need in multiplayer, and when I was really into it, it fed the addiction.

RE: the overall Mass Effect series; the replayability in the entire campaign means that while the endings will always be basically the same, the journey to get there, and more importantly the characters around you and your relationships with them, will never really be the same.

Jay (and everyone else), how did you get into Mass Effect?

I jumped into the series with ME2 when it finally came out on the PS3 (over a year after the launch on the XBox). My first play through was a mainly renegade male infiltrator: James T. Shepard. In ME3 when he was back with the Systems Alliance, I played him as paragon. When ME1 came out on the PS3 with enhanced graphics, it was a perfect opportunity to go back and start a Paragon Vanguard FemShep to see the series from that perspective.
Formerly Amberite, but probably not Nellie or Nelson. I'd probably answer to either tho.

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Neil, A friend showed ME1 to me shortly after it came out. Once I finally got a 360 (many years after launch, I was a late bloomer) I picked it up used and played it straight through. I finished 3 days before 2 was released so naturally I was there to get it on day one. I've been hooked ever since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:38 am

Stephen wrote:Believe it or not - I have all 3 but haven't made it much into 1 -- I enjoy it - just never find the time anymore... perhaps if enough people talk about it here it'll get me to!
I just started a replay. I forgot how clunky Mass Effect 1 was compared to the other two. Especially on the 360. The PC version came out later and has better hacking mechanics.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

NeilIsntWitty

Post by NeilIsntWitty » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Was playing some ME3 multiplayer yesterday listening to the latest Legends casts. It seemed appropriate. I'd never played any of the Drell MP characters, and it turns out the Drell Vanguard can kick a bit of butt! Spec'ed him without biotic charge but with Pull, Grenades, an N7 Valkyrie and warfighter equip.

If anyone is into playing some multiplayer on PS3 kick me a DM on twitter at @NeilIsntWitty, or kick me an invite on PSN at MediaDuo. N7HQ Profile is here.

NeilIsntWitty

Post by NeilIsntWitty » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:22 pm

OK, I didn't want to start a separate Dragon Age Thread, but I'm guessing that some ME players are digging into Bioware's latest RPG - Dragon Age: Inquisition. Wondering if anyone else is playing either single player or multi-player, and what they think. I'm around 30 hours into the SP game playing as a human archer w/Assassin spec. with largely good decisions. One attempt so far at multiplayer, and it's weird to be dropped right into a co-op map and have no idea where to go or what to do, compared to having memorized all the ME3 MP maps. /Yaaay-learning-gurve.