Season 3.5

Talk about The CW's Arrow!
Scott the Hockey Guy
Re: Season 3.5

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:07 am

Anyway.....to shift gears......I was looking at the new Supergirl reveal pics for the CBS show, and then I stumbled on to Stephen Amell's FB page and his comments and story about his own costume reveal .....this is hilarious!

Stephen Amell
3 hrs · Edited ·

Just saw the photo of Melissa Benoist as Supergirl on Twitter. Wow. Most importantly - the costume looks awesome. Congratulations to everyone involved. Now... let me take you back and tell you a story.

When Arrow began filming - late winter, 2012 - the very first thing I did after being cast was head for a costume fitting. There was concept art, but the producers had - smartly - left the basics open to interpretation based on who they put in the role.

Several fittings and one defiant, "I'm not wearing army boots, it forces me to run like a business person trying to catch a bus" rant later, we were ready for the exact moment that the Supergirl peeps went through today: The unveiling. And why was this important? Because the year prior a superhero costume picture had leaked and there was a perception - you can debate how accurate it was - that this leak had gotten the production off on the wrong foot.

As a result, any time I was in the suit, I had to wear an overcoat and - I swear to god - a fedora, for fear that paparazzi were lurking about trying to steal our thunder.

Well... the photos were taken and the choice was made. Ironically, the photo we ended up using (me, with my head down in profile) was a shot our director David Nutter insisted on at the last minute just from watching me shift into that stance to stay comfortable.

The photo is examined, approved... given a little panache from the DC team and set for release. I remember everyone being really happy with it and wanting to show it off to people working on the pilot. Which led to one of our producers showing it to Katie Cassidy... She immediately pointed out a glaring problem. The angle of the photo and the placement of my bow made it appear as though I was maybe a little TOO excited about wearing the Arrow suit. She was right. It definitely looked like I had an erection.

Luckily for us... changes were made and the photo erupted online (sorry...) with a fantastic approval rating. We were well on our way.

And that's the story of why first photos in the costume are important / how we ALMOST became the show about the hooded vigilante with a boner.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:52 pm

I read that too and laughed sooooooooooooooooo hard (pun totally intended). I love Stephen's posts and this is just another example of how he really knows how to use his social media. He's such a great follow.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Amell is by FAR the best Facebook follow I have, it used to be God and George Takei, but half their posts are agenda-driven and it annoys the heck out of me....anyway, more psuedo-Arrow news to report:

http://www.themovienetwork.com/article/ ... h-spin-off (could it be the Outsiders?)

The Traveller: Quite literally a traveller, this male character is on a secret mission from the future and is being described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue.” He’s got a biting wit that he uses to mask his own pain and he has a lot of secrets that he hides from his team, which should make him hard for audiences to pin down as a good guy.

(sounds like Booster Gold to me)

Female Warrior: A Latina character in her twenties, her daytime personality reads a little like Arrow’s Felicity Smoak or The Flash’s Caitlin Snow - she’s booksmart and socially awkward. By night though, she’s a fierce warrior who sometimes puts others in danger.

(Donna Troy perhaps?)

Mystery Hero: This African-American male will also be in his twenties, but he’s filling the role of the “regular guy” who’s street smart, and unexpectedly gains super powers. It sounds as though he’s going to be comic relief for the series as he’ll be the one making quips about the absurdity of their super hero situations.

(Sounds like it could be Black Lightning.... well aside of the Comic Relief.....maybe Metamorpho too, goes with the Outsiders)

The three new characters will join with Flash’s Victor Garber (one half of the Firestorm character), Brandon Routh (Arrow’s Atom), Wenworth Miller (The Flash’s villainous Captain Cold) and Arrow's Caity Lotz.

(and yes....another "Sara MIGHT NOT BE DEAD" rumor.....I'm ok with this!)

This is part of the fun of watching these shows as they go on....I get to join in on all the guessing!!!!

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:09 pm

I'm still thinking this could be a Flashpoint miniseries during a break where the Flash cliffhanger is him saving his mom and getting back to present day to find out he doesn't have his powers.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Starsaber wrote:I'm still thinking this could be a Flashpoint miniseries during a break where the Flash cliffhanger is him saving his mom and getting back to present day to find out he doesn't have his powers.
ooohhhh....damn.....that would be quite awesome too!!

I'm hoping the success of Agent Carter pushes these shows to give us "quality filler" like that for quality content during show hiatuses like that

I'm just a mark for the Outsiders team so I was being hopeful....plus it leaves the Justice League to be screwed up by the movies

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:26 am

Starsaber wrote:I'm still thinking this could be a Flashpoint miniseries during a break where the Flash cliffhanger is him saving his mom and getting back to present day to find out he doesn't have his powers.
If it is Flashpoint miniseries I for one would like to do see something different then him losing his powers that had been done. I think he should arrive in a time where he is the one who died.

Live long and prosper.

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:24 pm

TheDoctor80 wrote:
If it is Flashpoint miniseries I for one would like to do see something different then him losing his powers that had been done. I think he should arrive in a time where he is the one who died.

Live long and prosper.
Well, think of it this way, if his Mom hadn't died, he wouldn't have been as driven to be a CSI (or even if he had, he wouldn't have gone in to work that late. Remember, he was studying his stuff about his mom's murder when the accident happened). That means he wouldn't have been there when the lightning struck and he got his powers.

I figure if they did that, he would go back to stop himself from saving his mom in the next episode so there wouldn't be an impact on Arrow.

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:01 am

I just found the trailer from Paileyfest. Things are definitely going straight to hell the rest of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-Dhppltos

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:55 pm

So.... thoughts on Palmer getting owned? I thought for sure Ollie was outmatched, but as usual, he has a way.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:07 pm

We're watching it tonight, but after Ollie housed Barry in a one on one I can't say I'm shocked