Season 4!

Talk about The CW's Arrow!
Scott the Hockey Guy
Season 4!

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm glad they very quickly adjusted this show to go back more to the Arrow that was more enjoyable.....no more emo-Felicity (in fact she was back to her awesome roots here... "sorry Oliver I was helping them all along".....awesomeness!

All is NOT forgiven with Oliver, Diggle and Lance....I liked that too....adds some believability, Lance is mad because he feels Oliver dragged BOTH his daughters into this mess....and Diggle's trust issues.....good stuff....

Damien Darhk brings in the mystic side of the DC-U, I wonder if there's a chance we see a Zatanna or someone down the road (we know Constantine is coming)

....my God the Easter Eggs!!! (Kord industries.... Coast City....a faceless Hal Jordan moment)....Jamie loves when I geek out to this stuff, she's gonna enjoy re-watching this with me tonight....heh!

nice to see this show back on the right path!....I'm not Speedy I'm the Red Arrow....hah! And the Green Arrow speech....just awesome!

And the million dollar question....who's tombstone was that going to be six months from now..... Diggle? Capt. Lance? Felicity seems too obvious and would cause a major shitstorm if they went there.....could be Thea too....or for we know its some weirdo swerve and it's Sara's and it's after she comes back to life (that would kinda suck though)...it could be someone new too.....

Stephen

Re: Season 4!

Post by Stephen » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:08 am

I just watched episode two and I really am feeling "classic Arrow" again. While I enjoyed last season, I feel like this a much better Arrow vibe. I especially like they they did not break the conflict with Lance and Diggle, something that writers often fall into.

Overall, loving the series so far.

Oh, and how about the flashbacks? Love it.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:24 pm

LOL....of course you picked the one show I'm waiting to watch with Jamie tonight.... I'm still geek-gasming from the Flash :D

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:39 am

Ok, two episodes in (or are we three now?) -- Arrow is "my jam" again. Flash had me more captivated the bulk of last season (although I still was an Arrow fanboy through and through) but Arrow has taken the #1 spot again for me.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:26 pm

It is nice to see Felicity-actual back and I love the nod to old school Atom when he would shrink down and literally travel through land-line phones (wonder if he's found a way to do that on a cellular/wireless level now? ) and both shows are building nicely to the Legends of Tomorrow properly!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:42 pm

I'm in the process of watching episode 4 and my gods it's good to have Arrow back to Arrow.

Episode three had great moments Felicity going off on Oliver and Diggle like only a woman can do.

Mr Terrific coming along nicely.

The Easter eggs for sure loved everyone of them.

I'm so pumped for Constantine to make his appearance. I highly miss that show.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:12 pm

I loved this episode but the whole thing felt a little rushed at the end....I wish this had been a two-part episode (like I was just talking about in the Who thread), it gave you a LOT and it did a really good job of cramming it all into 47 minutes, but the "fight for Sara's soul" became throw two arrows, swing a sword and chant?? Bah :p....it deserved better with how they strung that along.....

this is NOT a good season for poor Diggle....

Seeing 40 minutes of Constantine makes me wanna go back to see the movie and watch the ill-fated NBC season, he played it well and got me intrigued....well played mate!

poor Ray.... trapped in a shot glass :D

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:38 pm

I agree - it really did feel rushed and in turn it's actually making me question this supernatural direction they went. I liked last year how Arrow kept me slightly more grounded than The Flash.... It's been hit and miss for that this year for me. I still have like Arrow more, but it's treading into this territory has actually hurt my thoughts on The Flash. I was able to let The Flash go a bit "out there" because I had Arrow the next day to round it off. I hope now that we have Sara back we can move on, get a little more grounded than we have been to date.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:17 pm

Funny, I was hoping the other way that we could see some more of the mystical side of the DC-U, Dr. Fate, Zatanna and so on, esp when Sara sounded like she was talking backwards and stuff!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:53 pm

I was also hoping for some more delving into the mystical arts on Arrow and Flash. We can't deny that stuff with who the big bad is on Arrow this season. But the whole let's save Sara was a bit rushed.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk