Season 5!

Talk about The CW's Arrow!
TheDoctor80
Re: Season 5!

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:06 am

Fan service is what the show kinda needed. I wasn't aware that was the 100th episode.

Dig will flip out when he meets J'onn especially if he shapeshifts in front of him.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:03 pm

I was still letdown by Dig's "OK I give UP" silent reaction to Kara flying and shooting laser beams in the air.....maybe next time....heh

but I know a bit of a spoiler about our Laurel friend, I am anxious to see how this pans out this week.....

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:58 am

Holy hell that last episode of Arrow might not have only been the best of the series but the best hour of TV the CW-verse ever put out.....that was beyond amazing.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:15 am

Arrow is almost caught up as well. Just the current episode. Seems to be the trend.

Loving the new characters. I really am becoming invested I Wild Dog. He's got some back story that is making him a good character.

I like seeing Thea suit up again even briefly.

I figured Artemis would turn. She seemed too quick to judge Oliver.

Prometheus is really causing some shit for the crew and Oliver in particular. Mayor's role is not going so well. Plus setting Green Arrow to be wanted by the police was great.

Now let's discus the Canary in the room. I figured she'd gain the cry from the particle accelerator going boom. Team arrow is officially getting a meta. Ragman didn't count. I'm a bit not shocked her name was Dinah seemed like the path they were going to take.

Lance returning after rehab is good too. Seeing him be part of the team again. Also taking Wild Dog under his wing. I kinda figured those two would have history and chemistry.

Now the crossover aspects is really working seeing them interact with secondary characters and just be in the city and only see the blur of Barry is working. They can have these quick interactions with the mains, and more interaction with the secondaries.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:50 am

Dinah's name was the name of the original DC Black Canary so it was a nice nod :D

Wild Dog is like Grimlock (the comics version) to me.....the badass who speaks up....he is pretty awesome, and did you get to his origin story yet?

Yeah the Barry "HE'S LEGIT" was pure hilarity :D

Wait till you see who Prometheus is :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:04 pm

I knew that Dinah is the original Black Canary name. I just wasn't shocked they did that. Since well undercover cop name had to be a thing.

I saw the back story for Wild Dog. His wife being a druggie. Then his daughter being taken by Children's service after his gun accidently killed his own wife.

Prometheus is there a twist beyond the fact he is the son of Oliver's one kill?

It's been a great season they really so far went back to what they were doing.

Love the Felicity having a bit of a hidden agenda. I wonder what else were on those files.

I can't believe what Thea did to that reporter, discretiting her that much..

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:32 pm

The Prometheus reveal was Wednesday, I'll just leave it at that :)

Thea has a LOT of her father in her doesn't she??? That was VERY Malcolm of her....

The Wild Dog "gun control" episode was maybe one of the finest pieces of television I EVER saw...it handled both sides with respect, intelligence and fairness....and how hot button topics SHOULD be handled on TV

They have made Felicity useful and likable again....I do like how Diggle is trying to keep her straight.....and how her stepping into the dark is paralleling Barry's issues with wanting to kill Grodd

so much I can't say till you see the last episode....oi....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:26 pm

I agree about the gun control issue. Although as a crazy northern resident we don't have that issue, it still worked well..

So the D.A. figured it out as soon as Dinah found the visor piece. Should have seen it coming as the Flash does it all the time.

Yes Diggle had always been the straight Arrow minus killing his brother. I still need to watch Flash. I was catching up on Supergirl.

Sent from my NES

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:54 pm

I'm pretty sure Chase knew all along considering who he turned out to be at the end....it was a nice swerve since we were fully expecting him to be Vigilante after all....heh (and now I have NO idea who the hell that's gonna be.... )

The Flash Gorilla City two parter was just AWESOME.... Jamie's kids freaked the hell out but couldn't stop watching :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Wow okay so where do we go from here? Green Arrow is back to being chased by the police.

We know who the big big bad is.

Lance is back which is good.

Vigilante is still the mystery. I wonder who the heck it could be..

Sent from my NES