Wells? *Spoilers*

For everything related to The CW's The Flash.
stargatepioneer
Re: Wells? *Spoilers*

Post by stargatepioneer » Fri May 15, 2015 1:00 pm

I was just so stunned by the greatness of the episode that "Wow" was all I could manage right after watching it.

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri May 15, 2015 8:15 pm

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:Yeah....watching it again tonight.....I will third the WOW of that.... I'm in pure fanboy AWE of this show...every week!!!

I'm just wondering how Barry jumping the timeline like he's planning to next doesn't only screw up the Flash but the effects it could have over on Arrow too (my theory is this is how they re-write the "happy ending that should have been saved for the end of the series" story arc Arrow just had)

the possibliltes are endless once this show goes timey whimey......
They wouldn't want to confuse people who watch Arrow but don't watch Flash. I think things are set up for Barry to screw up the timeline next week, but mostly fix it (with some minor differences probably) in the season premiere in the fall so it doesn't have a massive impact on Arrow.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat May 16, 2015 6:18 am

I agree. They've been pushing the crossovers a lot, but I don't know that they'd let Flash that much change Arrow unless it happened on Arrow -- or it was one of those "required reading" things (like they've done with CSI, NCIS, Hawaii Five-0, etc)

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat May 16, 2015 11:47 am

Apparently the success of the "lighter toned projects" (like Flash and Guardians of the Galaxy) is leading to a lightening up of Arrow for Season 4....not sure I like this, I liked the contrast and difference in Flash and Arrow and the shows having different sides of the coin is what made their interactions so good....unless the lighter tone is an awful pun about a certain green power ring a certain fearless dude named John might be stumbling upon....(GOD I HOPE, I'd love to see them do GL/GA, they set the stage for it since GL/GA took place with them roaming the country like Oliver and Felicity are currently)

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun May 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:Apparently the success of the "lighter toned projects" (like Flash and Guardians of the Galaxy) is leading to a lightening up of Arrow for Season 4....not sure I like this, I liked the contrast and difference in Flash and Arrow and the shows having different sides of the coin is what made their interactions so good....unless the lighter tone is an awful pun about a certain green power ring a certain fearless dude named John might be stumbling upon....(GOD I HOPE, I'd love to see them do GL/GA, they set the stage for it since GL/GA took place with them roaming the country like Oliver and Felicity are currently)
I doubt it'll happen unfortunately. However, in the last episode of Flash, they mentioned that Ferris Air was shut down after a test pilot disappeared. :p

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Starsaber wrote:I doubt it'll happen unfortunately. However, in the last episode of Flash, they mentioned that Ferris Air was shut down after a test pilot disappeared. :p
I know :p
Seems there's a pretty big fan movement to make Diggle's last name be "Stewart"...it would add a new dynamic to the show.....now John is the big bad hero with the powers instead of Oliver....there's also no reason it can't be BOTH Hal and John (since John's original role was to be the "backup GL" of Earth when Hal was across the cosmos, do a Hal Jordan one-shot and send him off into space....hell it could even be Hal at the end of the story (or multi-part episode) where he tells John that he's the backup

*sigh* I'm too damned short to try to reach that damned high :p

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Mon May 18, 2015 2:34 am

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:
Starsaber wrote:I doubt it'll happen unfortunately. However, in the last episode of Flash, they mentioned that Ferris Air was shut down after a test pilot disappeared. :p
I know :p
Seems there's a pretty big fan movement to make Diggle's last name be "Stewart"...it would add a new dynamic to the show.....now John is the big bad hero with the powers instead of Oliver....there's also no reason it can't be BOTH Hal and John (since John's original role was to be the "backup GL" of Earth when Hal was across the cosmos, do a Hal Jordan one-shot and send him off into space....hell it could even be Hal at the end of the story (or multi-part episode) where he tells John that he's the backup

*sigh* I'm too damned short to try to reach that damned high :p
His brother's last name was Diggle too, so it'd have to be his middle name instead. One idea I saw with this that was kind of cool was that if he became the backup, he probably would only be supposed to use the ring if he's called up. He'd obviously end up breaking that rule on occasion, but it would be a way for him to be GL without taking over the show.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon May 18, 2015 12:34 pm

Starsaber wrote:His brother's last name was Diggle too, so it'd have to be his middle name instead. One idea I saw with this that was kind of cool was that if he became the backup, he probably would only be supposed to use the ring if he's called up. He'd obviously end up breaking that rule on occasion, but it would be a way for him to be GL without taking over the show.
John Stewart Diggle does sound better anyway :)

And not too sure on that.....I did pick a GL/GA trade paperback from the 70s and it was pretty equal.....given they can't do the same dynamic of "hippie liberal" GA sparring and dueling with "conservative old schol cop" Hal Jordan....but the seeds of conflict have been written with the trust issues in Oliver and Diggle currently....

holy crap I forgot this was the Flash thread.....it beats waiting and anticipating what the hell happens tomorrow night!

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed May 20, 2015 1:24 am

For those who said "wow" last week, they will be invoking a "HOLY SHIT" chant this week....im so in awe of what I just saw I can't even get into the NHL playoff game on now, I'm just BLOWN AWAY by what I just saw (that includes the Jay Garrick Easter Egg at the end)

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu May 21, 2015 6:04 am

It. Was. Amazing.

HOW ABOUT THE SETUP FOR JAY FUCKING GARRICK