Season 2 speculation

For everything related to The CW's The Flash.
Starsaber
Season 2 speculation

Post by Starsaber » Fri May 29, 2015 1:09 am

I have had quite a few thoughts about where they'll go in Season 2 based on the information we have so far and some wishful thinking on my part.

What We Know
Rick Cosnett (Eddie) will not be returning as a regular for season 2.
Tom Cavanaugh (Wells) will be returning as a regular for season 2.

Season 2 will focus on multiple timelines.
There will be a “new way” to introduce villains.

There will be another crossover event in November.

Legends of Tomorrow will start in January (during the mid-season break).
Legends of Tomorrow will star the following recurring Flash characters:
• Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein)
• Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold)
• Dominic Purcell (Heatwave)

Legends of Tomorrow will have Vandal Savage as its main villain.

Speculation
Heroes
Jay Garrick will be introduced in the season premiere.
• The first meeting between Barry and Jay in the comics occurs when Barry accidentally transfers himself to Earth 2. In the show, this could be a result of the black hole seen in the season finale.

Cisco will start developing his powers.
• I think only one of the two support characters will start moving to their comic book identity in Season 2, with the other in Season 3 or 4.
• Eobard told Cisco that he’s a metahuman in the season finale, and given Cisco’s personality, I think he will actively try to figure out what his powers are and develop them.
If the timeline changes as the result of events in the season finale, Barry and Cisco will be the only ones that will remember Season 1.

Something will happen with Firestorm that will result in Stein fusing with someone other than Ronnie Raymond.
• Robbie Amell has NOT been confirmed to appear in Legends of Tomorrow, but Firestorm appeared in the trailer.
• Another regular has been cast in Legends but did not appear in the trailer.

Villains
Vandal Savage will be the villain in the crossover event to set up Legends of Tomorrow.

There will be 2 Rogues episodes before the midseason break.
• This will establish Captain Cold and Heatwave moving over to Legends
• It will also expand the Rogues to keep them going with Cold and Heatwave primarily on Legends.
• Weather Wizard and Mirror Master will join the Rogues in the first half of the season
• I don’t think Golden Glider would be viable as a solo villain, so expanding the roster would be important

There will be 1 Grodd episode in the season.
• As a CGI character, Grodd is expensive to do well. I think 1-2 appearances a season would be enough to advance a plot for him without hurting other episodes.

There will be 1 Tricksters episode in the season.
• Mostly wishful thinking and wanting to see Mark Hamill on the show again. I don’t think Axel Walker has been set up well enough to stand on his own yet. Hamill will probably still overshadow him if they’re in the same episode again, but it would be a good way to set up Axel striking out on his own

General Eiling will appear in at least 2 episodes.
• Eiling has been focused on trying to develop his own military team of metahumans, and while there are going to be other sources of metahuman abilities, Central City probably has the largest concentration of them.

Pied Piper will return, but not as the main villain of his episode. Rather than committing crimes himself, he will develop advanced weapons and sell them to the highest bidder, which could include Mirror Master.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: Season 2 speculation

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri May 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Wow....and I was kinda wondering if Rip Hunter was gonna save Eddie to "preserve the timeline"....least they're not taking the easy way out if the actor isn't coming back

It will be interesting to see Wells ACTUALLY BE WELLS

As for the Firestorm thing, if Ronnie and Stein "combine" and they do some CGI shenanigans they really don't need Robbie Amell (and I did like how Stein "replaced Wells" in the season Finale as the science brains)

I wonder if we'll see a shift in things and we see Wally West as well from a parallel Earth too...speaking of:
The Rival
The Rival first appeared in Flash Comics #104 (February 1949). He is Dr. Edward Clariss, a professor at the university attended by the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. He believes he has recreated the formula that gave Garrick his speed, which he calls "Velocity 9." He had heard Joan one night talking about how the Flash gave his speed to another student, which helped him get the last formula. Bitter at the scientific community's rejection of his claims, Clariss becomes a criminal. He wore a darker version of Flash's outfit and gave it to several other criminals. The Rival's version of the formula proves to be temporary, and he is defeated and jailed.

Looking at his Wiki picture his outfit is DAMNED similar to that of Jay Garrick's....maybe that's why Wells wanted to get the hell outta dodge..... hell reading the whole Wiki page, they have a LOT of options to go with for a primary villian this season (with the chance of Thawne surviving somewhat, and also Hunter Zolomon....the admission of the multi-verse really kicks the door wide open on the full DC-U)

I don't think they REALLY need crossover episodes now....people just come and go between the shows as needed, though they will need to send the Legends of Tomorrow off on their merry way, so maybe that's where your crossover hits....

Also wiping Eobard Thawne from existence does cause a ton of issues:
-- Barry never moves in with Iris and Joe (I will miss those father/son moments with them)
-- Barry never becomes obsessed with his mom's death and solving it, but probably still becomes a CSI, I hope
-- Thawne is not there to help with Grodd's creation....or the particle accelerator (or it happens five years later in the pre-RF meddling)

ahhhhh......so much to discuss here!

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Here are my ideas for the first half of the season. I don't really want another speedster as the season villain this time. I'm thinking someone more tech based that can potentially jump between universes to play with the multiverse stuff.

Episode 1-2 – Flash of Two Worlds two-parter (introduces Jay Garrick/multiverse). Perhaps have that reality's Hawkgirl or Killer Frost as the villain. Mystery character follows Barry through portal on the way back to his reality.
Episode 3 – Villain: The Top. Mostly about Barry getting used to timeline changes (altered history with Iris, trusting the real Wells)
Episode 4 – Mirror Master episode. Ends with Mirror Master reuniting with Golden Glider
Episode 5 – General Eiling episode. Introduces his metahuman team and Barry competing to find a powerful metahuman who can't control their powers.
Episode 6 – Villain from an alternate reality. Maybe someone like Element Woman. Include Firestorm to introduce their transmutation abilities.
Episode 7 – Rogues Rebellion. Power struggle results in Mirror Master taking over the leadership of the Rogues from Captain Cold.
Episode 8 – Part 1 of Flash/Arrow crossover event. Introduces Vandal Savage
Episode 9 – Midseason finale. First appearance of season villain since cameo in episode 2. Ties into multiverse stuff
Episode 10 – Midseason premiere. Tricksters episode

I don't have my ideas for the second half of the season fleshed out as much, but I see a Grodd episode somewhere in there (maybe with Eiling teaming up with Flash to hunt Grodd).

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:44 pm

I'd REALLY like to see Pied Piper comeback too....he just has the brains to be the Luthor to Barry's Superman too

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:I'd REALLY like to see Pied Piper comeback too....he just has the brains to be the Luthor to Barry's Superman too
Me too. The idea I had for him in my first post was that he'd develop high tech weapons for villains who want to try going up against The Flash. Stuff like Mirror Master's technology or maybe some special boomerangs for Captain Boomerang when he and Deathstroke escape Lian Yu in Arrow.

And unless they say that Flash's powers weren't caused by the Particle Accelerator in the new reality (which I think is very possible), they could say that he caused the accident somehow (since Real Wells wouldn't have caused it intentionally like Eobard did).

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Playing with time is tricky. My only hope is they make season 2 work as good as season 1.

I'm liking all the ideas I read here from your posts. I won't make any guesses except Jay Garrick, and Grood at some point.

I too will miss the Joe/Barry father son moments. They made a lot of the episodes real. Has any indication been given to John Wesley Shipp's involvement in season 2 will be? Will we see more Dad/Son moments with him?

I do want the Piper to return as well. I really liked him.

The truth is out there

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:43 pm

I just hope they're not going too far.....too fast....no pun intended....they've kicked the door WIDE OPEN on EVERYTHING now....once you open that door it can not be closed....or is Barry going to have to make a choice to "make things right" again to stop whatever in the hell that tornado thing was in the Finale?

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:29 am

The black hole you mean.

You're right they better be building in wide strokes. No quick payoffs. I can see. There being a need for three speedster for the season finally. Barry, Jay, and Wally.

The truth is out there

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:04 pm

It did look like some kinda weirdo time vortex tornado :D.......besides wouldn't a black hole instantly rip the planet apart with its gravity??

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:01 am

We have an official start date for the season now: October 6.