Season 3!!

For everything related to The CW's The Flash.
Scott the Hockey Guy
Re: Season 3!!

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:16 pm

That Flash episode was the second best episode of ALL the CW shows I've seen this year.....that was....just.....amazing....like HOLY SHIT kinda good.....and then to ice the cake I KNEW they were gonna make us wait a week for the Savatar reveal.....and to see Jamie's twins go like CMONNN...MAAANNN.....I DON'T WANNA WAIT A WEEK!!!! .....too bad....go to bed :p

that was outstanding!!!!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Well now we have the Savatar not so big reveal but damn. It's getting pretty good. They have done some good things.

I like Killer Frost. She's gotten better at separating both of her personalities.

Not sure how they will finish this season but it's going to be good.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu May 18, 2017 12:45 pm

.....I.....I..... I'm still....kinda numb after Tuesday's episode.....gonna re-watch it tonight....i sense the onions are gonna be cooked again.....trying to explain Tuesday to two panicking and crying eight year olds in trauma who couldn't handle what they just saw and I was....I got nothin.....that was a rough night....but its amazing how much and how personally this show has impacted us......

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:00 am

I've had time to watch this a few times now. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I knew that HR would be the one to die somehow. Especially since they set up the face changer hologram thingamadoddle.

Berry almost giving into his darkness was a touch point, because it proved that he is hope. All of his choices even the wrong ones are about hope.

I like how Kaitlin didn't just jump to rejoin the team. She does need to figure out herself again.

I wonder if Draco will he back next season lol.

I also wonder how long Barry will be in the Speed Force jail. Wally will need to step up and become the Flash now. Is this kinda like crisis mini? Will we get a time Jump when Barry comes out of the prison?

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:10 pm

I think that was the problem with the Flash this year.....everything was just soooo straightforward, and there was no really big "Holy Shit" moments (Savvy was clearly future Barry, Iris wasn't gonna die, and the day was gonna be saved)....Flashpoint felt rushed through which did set the tone for the season, we have a time hole now....if Barry never becomes Savvy and comes back to give Wally powers, how does Wally still have them?

I do hope Barry spends a few episodes in speed-hell....let us see what it's like in there, let Wally and the team show us how they HAVE to do it on their own, he doesn't really NEED to come back until the crossover (which is penciled in from anywhere to episode 6-8)

as much a bummer it was that HR sacrificed himself (though again too predictable)....Jamie's kids were so happy it wasn't Iris (they had a tear filled meltdown about it....it was a bit rough I admit), so it kinda helped when they rejoiced that week

It also hurts that Arrow was so frakking awesome this year it made the Flash coming up short scream in disappointment......

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:46 pm

I think next season will have to be something big. Do away with the speedster villains and bring in the rogues more. Have a real threat that can't be stopped by some speedforce shenanigans. I have a feeling a lot of this season was set up for something to come.

It will be interesting to see how they play it out with Wally taking over. Maybe he'll not have powers.

I want to see Cisco come more into his own. Stop holding back as much as he does. He needs to gain faith in himself.

While it would also be good to have Kaitlin return to team Flash I hope it's not the easy hey I'm back situation. I want to see her grow and the others each have a reason for her to come back for more then just the team. Will Jessie also be on Earth 1 now? There are a lot of questions to ask.

While I still love this show I think it needs a bit of refreshment. The Flash has always been my favourite superhero. I remember reading when Barry sacrificed himself in the comics and I might have cried. I've always been attached to Barry. Wally I grew to enjoy as he pushed the speedforce limits. And who doesn't have the slightest appreciation for Jay. I've read a lot cross overs with him and Barry and had I been a kid when he was in his prime I would have been just as infatuated with him. But it will always come back to Barry for me. Heck I even partly enjoyed the 90's Flash because it was Barry. I'm glad he's Jay now I know that's just fan service but damn it's great.

Next season will be better. They put a lot of the other shows first this season. 1 to establish Supergirl on the CW, 2 to make Arrow great again, (which I hope to finish the season soon, so busy in life), and three to straighten out Legends to make sure it floats and can hold up, so they took a bit of a backseat for the Flash. Maybe having some new blood in the writers room would help.

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:46 pm

I think next season will have to be something big. Do away with the speedster villains and bring in the rogues more. Have a real threat that can't be stopped by some speedforce shenanigans. I have a feeling a lot of this season was set up for something to come.

It will be interesting to see how they play it out with Wally taking over. Maybe he'll not have powers.

I want to see Cisco come more into his own. Stop holding back as much as he does. He needs to gain faith in himself.

While it would also be good to have Kaitlin return to team Flash I hope it's not the easy hey I'm back situation. I want to see her grow and the others each have a reason for her to come back for more then just the team. Will Jessie also be on Earth 1 now? There are a lot of questions to ask.

While I still love this show I think it needs a bit of refreshment. The Flash has always been my favourite superhero. I remember reading when Barry sacrificed himself in the comics and I might have cried. I've always been attached to Barry. Wally I grew to enjoy as he pushed the speedforce limits. And who doesn't have the slightest appreciation for Jay. I've read a lot cross overs with him and Barry and had I been a kid when he was in his prime I would have been just as infatuated with him. But it will always come back to Barry for me. Heck I even partly enjoyed the 90's Flash because it was Barry. I'm glad he's Jay now I know that's just fan service but damn it's great.

Next season will be better. They put a lot of the other shows first this season. 1 to establish Supergirl on the CW, 2 to make Arrow great again, (which I hope to finish the season soon, so busy in life), and three to straighten out Legends to make sure it floats and can hold up, so they took a bit of a backseat for the Flash. Maybe having some new blood in the writers room would help.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:37 am

They already started filming the next season....I think I saw a pic of Wally in the suit (his KF suit, not a Flash replacement), I just hope they don't blow through Barry's exile in one or two episodes like they did with Flashpoint....he's in hell....let's SEE IT this time....

Less Barry with the team would mean others MUST shine...that means Cisco too....maybe he can jump in his development like Mick did without Snart on Legends (that show has its niche now as "Dr Who in tights"....leave it that way :) )

IF they take their time with Barry's exile, you can slow build on Katliyn too and have her coming back be part of how we get Barry back....when Flash was GOOD last season...it was awesome....when it wasn't ...hooo boy....I do agree, Arrow and Legends are on a good path..... Supergirl still needs some work (less girl power rah rah...more actual heroics)....have you been reading Rebirth at all??? Flash and Supergirl have been awesome in that too, the GL books have been awesome....though I didn't like Lobo in the JLA I only lasted two issues (but My GOD did Killer Frost have some moments)

and damn I wish they did more with the Rival...maybe they will....and I want a Thawne origin episode dammit....especially since Flash #25 did one

the fact that this was the worst season by far and it was still a solid B (especially when you compare it to Arrow's season 3)...I still have hope, but hope IS Barry's thing after all.......

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:28 am

I am hopeful that season 4 will be better. There were some great episodes, and then some really bad ones.

I do hope the team grows and Barry is out of commission for awhile.

I haven't been reading the comics. Time and finances have not allowed that. Plus I'm unsure his to really dive into the digital medium of comics.

But I do "hope" to read some. Plus some past arcs. I'm really interested in the whole multi lantern arc.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:44 pm

I've back in pretty deep on the Rebirths:
Flash, the 2 GL books, Supergirl, both Superman's, Justice League, Wonder Woman, even started on Green Arrow, DC's gotten the whole reboot thing right on this one, they've done an excellent job of trying to bring all the continuity's into one massive one (and some people like Thawne being aware of them all too)....if you ever have time go sneak into Barnes and Noble and sit down and do some reading you won't regret it!!

And it sounds like the Flash folk realized how much of a miss Season 3 was and are working to right the wrong at least :)