Show theories...

Talk about ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Jesse - liltooclinical
Show theories...

Post by Jesse - liltooclinical » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:54 am

Ok, so it's been mentioned here and there on the show and Twitter and likely Facebook, but I want to start a place to collect and discuss the various theories that revolve around this show and the MCU.

[spoiler]My personal contribution: pretty sure that was a bisected Kree that they got the serum from that saved Coulsson, Sky and Garrett. My first impulse upon seeing the alpha-numeric code that began with "GH", after seeing a "silver-skinned" body in the tube was "Galactus Herald" but obviously with Fox owning that guy, I had to rethink it. Maybe it was a wink at the audience and we'll never get an explanation for the code but is it just understood at this point that's what it was, or is that another shoe that will drop in the future.

Also, in light of new info that just dropped tonight, how does Civil War work in the MCU going forward?
I have a podcast too. Give it a listen?

VideoGame Construct
http://vgconstruct.libsyn.com/

Stephen

Re: Show theories...

Post by Stephen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Yea, I think it could be a Kree too.. I really am loving the show this Season and I think it has some great opportunities to lead into the movies!

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:06 am

Coulson asked Sif about blue-skinned aliens, so yeah, not "that guy" ;) I think Kree is a pretty widely accepted theory at this point.

A weird theory I saw recently (and called into Legends of SHIELD) was that based on Ward and Skye not being mentioned in the advertisements for the new SHIELD comic series (that introduces May and FitzSimmons to the main Marvel continuity), they're characters that already exist in Marvel continuity. The theory I saw within that is that Skye is one of the Inhumans and that Ward is Taskmaster.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:52 pm

So funny story about this show (and maybe it's just me, but Arrow AND Flash have been sooo much better than SHIELD this year, I've been kinda down on this show....any one else feel the same?? As I was telling this to my GF last night I was like.... Marvel owns the movies, but DC owns the TV shows now...)

So Jamie was all ticked off that Flash and Arrow don't come back till the end of January....so I was being a wise-ass and I went...."watch...this won't come back till Mid-February"....she gave me a bit of a nasty look for that....ten seconds later "coming in MARCH..." the RAGE I was getting....I felt bad, I didn't think there was ANY way they'd hold out THAT long (unless Agent Carter is getting a long run here from Jan to March?)....she almost didn't talk to me the rest of the night :D

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:41 am

Agent Carter is going 7 or 8 weeks, starting in January in the normal Agents of SHIELD timeslot.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:09 am

Starsaber wrote:Agent Carter is going 7 or 8 weeks, starting in January in the normal Agents of SHIELD timeslot.
thanks! That's what I thought....and tried to tell her.....she was still ready to try to beat me up and called it taunting :D
(there's a reason we get along so well....we spat constantly, but it's all in pure amusement!)

Aset

Post by Aset » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:38 pm

I can't really add too much to theories, I know nothing of the comics. I however, like to remind you, Fox owns the rights to mutants & X-Men in the movies ONLY. Television is still Marvel's. If they get creative enough, they could include them quite easily. ALso keep in mind, the show will be effected by the movies, but not the other way around.
Jeannie
Fire and Blood
http://tyrionslanding.com

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Aset wrote:I can't really add too much to theories, I know nothing of the comics. I however, like to remind you, Fox owns the rights to mutants & X-Men in the movies ONLY. Television is still Marvel's. If they get creative enough, they could include them quite easily. ALso keep in mind, the show will be effected by the movies, but not the other way around.
I don't think they're going to use mutants in the TV shows since they're in the same universe as the movies. There's a theory that is why they started increasing the profile of the Inhumans in the comics.