Introductions

Looking to organize a meetup with your fellow geeks? Want to setup an event with the other members? Maybe you just want to organize a rewatch. Do it here!
Stephen
Introductions

Post by Stephen » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Welcome to the forums, we're glad you could join us. Here's a thread to post a quick hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself - I'll start.

I've been a geek as long as I can remember. I grew up obsessed with Star Trek and had a variety of toys, action figures and VHS recordings of TNG episodes. My family has always been quite geeky and I remember being a young lad coding html for a geocities site. I'm married, have a kid and my baby had his own email address within a few days of being born.

I love comic books including Marvel, DC, and a nice balance of indie too. I helped run a comic book podcast for over 169 episodes and was a co-host on the show for the majority of its run. Although I originally created GonnaGeek to create content to showcase my love of all things geeky, I have to thank all of the site contributors and podcast network members who put countless hours into creating the content you've come to know.

AnthonyBachman

Re: Introductions

Post by AnthonyBachman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Ello all. I'm Anthony one of the writers for Gonna Geek. I write the weekly column for Mondays called Bachman's Best where I give a review of the best thing from the previous week some books, comics, podcasts, films, hats, whatever.
I got sucked into comics when I bought New Warriors #1 of the rack when I was 12 and have been a Marvel Zombie ever since. My current comic collection is over 8,000 issues and nearing 30 long boxes.
My other affliction is movies. My DVD/Blu-ray collection is just over 400 titles and I have trouble passing the Wal-Mart $5 movie bins and not picking up a title or two. I have a massive love for comic book films and my formative years were spent with Michael, Freddy, and Jason.
I am co-host of a semi-whenever podcast called The Next Element and I am currently coloring the OGN G.E.E.K. written by Matt Cohen, which I should get back to, lots of pages to do!
Hope to see and chat with lots of folks on here, hope it will be fun and informative for all!

Gamerasith

Post by Gamerasith » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 am

Hello... I am Stephen's official stalker... 8O
I have been a geek all my life and I love Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars... Sentai, Ultraman, Kaiju films... Comics(lifelong fan of DC and Marvel, though that is being put through the wringer cause of the current crop of crap)love WAlking Dead... Father of $ future geeks and my wife is a fan as well!!!!

Trekkie

Post by Trekkie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi everybody. As you may have guessed from my name i am a huge Star Trek fan and have been since I was young. I found ur site threw one of the podcasts I listen to and I was interested to find the forums link when I checked in this morning. Star Trek is really my main tiein to 'geekyness' but I dabble a bit in some computer and comic book stuff.

AnthonyBachman

Post by AnthonyBachman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 pm

SWEET! I love that 5 posts into a forum Stephen has got a stalker. This is AWESOME!

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:33 pm

It's what I do -- get stalkers :D

ScottMiller

Post by ScottMiller » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Cool, we gotta forum. I'm a noob contributor here at gonnageek. I've been obsessed with comic books since the day I got my hands on X-Men #1. Y'know, the one with the 8 foot long foldout cover by Jim Lee. I'm a Marvel Zombie but I follow DC closely. I'm currently discovering the joys of indie comics. I also love everything scifi and am a tv and movie buff. Also, I too have a stalker. She's 2 years old and won't let me watch my Justice League cartoons because a thing called Bubble Guppies is on.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:16 am

Bubble guppies, eh? My year old son will come running when he hears that intro music... it must be universal lol

ChrisFerrell

Post by ChrisFerrell » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:29 am

Haha Gamerasith is a long time Stephen stalker. :p

Gamerasith

Post by Gamerasith » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Well, Stephen stalks you... so it's only fair... LOL