Favorite Reboot

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
stargatepioneer
Favorite Reboot

Post by stargatepioneer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:22 am

Yup. I'll admit it. I'm a child of the 70s that grew up in the 80s. SciFi and my generation really grew up around each other from Star Wars to Tron. In the past few years we've seen a ton of very well rebooted content. JJ Abrams' Star Trek 2009, Tron Legacy, Batman, Spiderman, Superman, etc...

While some reboots have been more successful than others we are sure to see more as content-starved Hollywood execs strive for their next big hit.

In the meantime what's been your favorite reboot so far?

uubergeek

Re: Favorite Reboot

Post by uubergeek » Fri May 02, 2014 12:08 pm

BSG was by far my favorite reboot!

I'm not a big fan (though i don't hate it either other than 2 scenes in the latest movie) of the Star Trek reboot. Had the first one not have blinded me and had a bit better of a villian I'd probably have liked it a lot more, i did enjoy the idea of it. The second movie... it had some really bright spots, and some horrid spots for me.

I haven't cared for pretty much any WB superhero movie yet... i guess Bruce Timm and Paul Dini spoiled me way to much on the animated side of things for WB's subpar plot movies to do it for me. Why they don't put those two in charge of the movie universe i'll never know... just do a friking remake of the Justice League animated movie (after Superman TAS and Batman TAS) that led to the series, and you have it right there... heck, that's how Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and a few others were introduced to most kids from the 2000s... you have a built in audience that would eat it up, rather than making Superman kill someone... but... i digress

other reboots, while not bad, just haven't been spectacular enough to be better than the originals the way BSG was for me.

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:47 pm

No one went for Conan?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Believe it or not SP, I've seen neither.. yea, I said it.

Gamerasith

Post by Gamerasith » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Star Trek so far has done the reboot well...

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:23 am

I generally can't stand reboots. I really can't think of one that I've seen that significantly added anything to the universe for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DefaultProphet

Post by DefaultProphet » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:20 am

Has to be BstarG just quality wise.

Something I actually enjoyed the original that then got a reboot though? X-Com: Enemy Unknown. Firaxis took an incredibly great but obtuse game and turned it into an extremely playable, slick, modern game.

WingGG

Post by WingGG » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:38 pm

If you would have said 21 jump street I would have flown back to DC sir! Lol
BSG is definitely up there but it as to be Batman for me at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keir

Post by keir » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:28 pm

DefaultProphet wrote:Has to be BstarG just quality wise.
Agreed, BSG was the most well-executed "reboot" or "revisioning" I can think of, without ignoring work and sitting in think-think-think mode for a while.

For pure enjoyment, though, I will say the TRON work has been a lot of fun, particularly the TRON:Legacy animated series (abruptly abandoned, and shameful at that).

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:49 pm

I have to say, while TOS holds a special place in my heart, TNG was far more Star Trek as we know it overall. I still don't really like the first couple seasons of TNG vs the rest but while I've watched those early episodes as of recent, I can't think of last time i watched TOS

(so I guess I'm making the point of TNG would be considered one of my fav)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk