Dr. Who folk???

For everything to do with Doctor Who.
Scott the Hockey Guy
Re: Dr. Who folk???

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Been listening to the podcast in my car, wrote a quick facebook message to you guys on the GPR page, I'll add more here on the first half of the finale after my ice hockey game tonight, but I found it funny (well....more like hilarious) that you guys didn't make the connection that my last name is "Mackie"....one note about the TARDIS keys, since I've been watching Season 1 of Hartnell's who of late, the story arc after the Aztecs, some aliens (I wish I remember the details, maybe I'll link the you tube I was watching when I get home) had literally cut the lock out from the TARDIS, and they had to get the lock back to get in it....so maybe chucking the keys in the lava did have some weight beyond its symbolic meaning of "Danny means more to Clara than space and time do"

I still want to see both halves of the episode before I get a full feel about it, but I am optimistic since this season has been awesome!!

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Now I see totally what you mean about "Moffat being Moffat" and saying something while not saying a damned thing in the process.....but I WOULD LOVE to see Capaldi and Capt Jack stand next to each other (especially with how good Barrowman is on Arrow (heh, more fitting since he AND River are on Arrow) now....makes me want more!)

https://www.nerdist.com/2014/12/steven- ... octor-who/

TheDoctor80

Dr. Who folk???

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:08 am

Capaldi is kicking ass and taking names. He's grumpy and yet not. The way he plays the Doctor is amazing. I was hooked on him the first episode. Running around London in his sleepwear.

I do love Tennant though. He is my Doctor. I started watching Who a few years ago and Eccleston was my first Doctor. Not that I lived under a rock and didn't know what Doctor Who was. I just never had time or interest. Then well thanks to GWC (bring it back to old school casts) I acquired the 2005 reboot. Not gonna lie it was a bit Rocky for me. But Rose had me hooked. Then Tennant came along and I was hooked. His style was exactly what I needed in a character at the time. When he left I cried. Non of this dusty room shit I balled. If I had ice cream I would have eaten a tub of it. Still to this day if I need a good cry I put on his goodbye scene and just let it go. (Shit Frozen reference. Dang kids).

Smith well what can I say I was still mourning when he came in and said here like me now. It took me awhile but eventually I warmed up to him. He won me over. But for me River and Amy and Rory kept me watching. Clara oh I don't know. Sometimes I adore her sometimes I can't stand her. The show really needs more Strax.

I've also undergone the rather large task of watching everything Who That is out there to watch. I've watched many of the Hartnell episodes. And for a show that is 50 years old it hold up for me well. But that could be because I'm able to appreciate where it came from. I have a Who's Who 50 episode guide book for influential episodes to watch. But that won't happen I have to watch it all. If I had a TARDIS my first task would be to recover all the missing episodes. It's a shame some are still missing to the time vortex.

I'd love to see the return of River and Jack. But I will always miss my Rose.

Here's to another 50 years of Who.

Stay frosty.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:56 pm

It's funny, this time a year ago I was muddling through the first season going "what the hell is this I'm watching and why do so many people love this show??" then I hit the 4th episode and once that alien spaceship crashed through Big Ben I was hooked, I barrelled through all the seasons on Netflix, and even borrowed Season 7 from a friend to be caught up for Capaldi's debut (I've mentioned before how much he's my Doctor and then some!)....sadly we have 16 days of Who left on Netflix....I have been trying to look elsewhere to get the Old Who episodes (I was watching on you tube "David Tenant's companion" as she was recording her Classic Who watch through....the commentary added a new dynamic....but it was a way to see all the old stuff).....she got shut down like a month ago and I haven't tried her again since....I need to start working on this again, I'm enjoying Hartnell's Doctor even though he's wayyy different then the new guys, plus the show has a "Star Trek" kinda feel since it was around the same time the Enterprise first launched!

As for Clara I love her as much with Capaldi, as I hated her with Matt Smith.....she had no identity in Series 7, now their story relationship reminds me of how me and my GF playfully bicker with each other....I'm ok with that! The wait till August and the start of season 9 seems VERY far away.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:12 am

Season 9 is sooooo far away. I can't wait that long. I could die before it comes back on.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the show will go now. I think Clara will become less and less human. She'll make more rash decisions.

I just hope they do something awesome. Something intelligent.

Everybody be cool. You be cool.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:53 pm

Yeah I'm in the same boat, this is my first Dr Who "off-season".....it does feel long.....so did Defiance after season 1 also....I wish the original Classic Who was easier to get access too....I've been trying to get caught up on the original stuff....but it's a bitch to find and BBC charges a stupid amount of money for their DVDs.......

TheDoctor80

Dr. Who folk???

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:16 pm

I ah acquired it by means of a bay of pirates. Since the DVDs are stupid crazy in price. Be warned though it was 40 some GB to download and took 3 months.

Agreed it is far too long of a wait. But I have the classics. I just finished the Sensorite arc. (The one where they cut the lock out of ye ole TARDIS)..

I might also rewatch some of the 2005 if I can convince the GF to partake.

Everybody be cool. You be cool.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:22 pm

I need to have the time to do this myself and just start from the literal beginning again, I was watching them through you tube through "David Tennant's companiion" but when they shut her down and she went to plan B....it didn't work so good and I forgot where I was anyway (oi)

least the new season is only 2 months from now!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:32 am

Starting from the beginning is rough at first. Having started from the very start I have gained a new respect for the show.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk