Series 9 ....

For everything to do with Doctor Who.
Scott the Hockey Guy
Series 9 ....

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Boy nothing to talk about there, eh?? I'm not sure I like the whole "the Doctor created the Daleks" thing (it's been so done to death in comics as is).....but I did enjoy the episode as a whole....nothing like rolling into the arena on a tank cranking out his new guitar!! And we all know Missy and Clara ain't dead either (be it they got away or we're gonna get timey-whimey and all), part 2 is gonna have some shenanigans to it, I did like the ending with the doctor ready to shoot to kill (but he won't) , but if anything was ever gonna make him do it.....

I'm also a bit on the fence with the "well we've been friends all along" comment from Missy, but she's nuts too so who knows how serious that whole exchange done..... only six more days.....

TheDoctor80

Re: Series 9 ....

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:58 am

Personally I didn't see it as the Doctor was the one who created the Daleks. He just saved a boy who would eventually create them. He grew up in war and that is all he knew. Even had the Doctor not saved him and he got away he would still have made the Daleks.

The riding into the arena on a tank and cracking all those jokes was so epic. He does know how to make an entrance. Especially with the pretty woman to Clara riff.

Sure Missy and Clara aren't dead. I have no worries about that issue. They will be back.

As for the we've been friends a long time line well there wasn't always a time where they were trying to kill each other. Like Missy said they've known each other a long time. Personally I think the Doctor used Missy to get to Clara. Seems like something he'd do. Was it just me or did Missy say I knew him even when he was a little girl?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Or does he NOT save him and that leads to the Daleks? The episode was kinda vague about that (cool thing is BBC is re-airing some Tom Baker episodes this week, and one of them is the one where the first Dalek was created....pretty cool to see BBC 'Murica FINALLY showing some classic episodes!)

And yes Missy DID say "little girl".....hard to tell if that was crazy Missy being crazy, her being honest, or Moffat again laying ground work for a female Doctor......

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Well she also said some war, stealing the president's wife and the moon. Plus the little girl line. Followed by one of which of those was a lie. So maybe it's up for testing and if we get negative female Doctor feedback that will be the lie.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Speaking of negative feedback.....Sonic Sunglasses??? Ugggghhhhhhhh

Part II did not leave a good taste in my mouth.....but seeing Capaldi drive around in Davros' chair was GOLD!

uubergeek

Post by uubergeek » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:46 pm

not a fan of the glasses.... though it was a nice twist :)

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:10 pm

It was, but it took a cool plot device and turned it into a cheesy prop.....i hope it changes soon

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:12 pm

I'm loving the hell out of these two parters so far this year, and the "break the 4th Wall" intro and the timey whimey stuff about Beethoven was amazing thought-inducing stuff....please.....yes....more!!!! (but don't start doing the monologues to the audience too often or it will lose effect)....great stuff again from Capaldi, feed me more!!!

Also on a side note, we started Jamie's 7 year olds on Dr Who starting with the Matt Smith era (since I bought it for Jamie on Blu-Ray)...the girls were terrified by the big alien worm shape shifting creature but they couldn't stop watching....it was quite awesome :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Haha congrats on corrupting more people to the way of Who.

The two part episodes work so well. This is the season I've been dying for. It has character development and story on top of it. The 4th wall breaking is done so seemlessly you wonder if he is really talking to you or just talking to here his own voice. But you are right don't over do it.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:02 pm

Apparently their father was QUITE annoyed by this .....he came back with the "aren't they too young for this" line....Jamie told him to frak off, it was pretty epic!! one of them is all-in on it....we showed her "Blink" when she was home sick on Friday.....she was "I like the guy with the bow tie better then the skinny guy"....she's learning.... man if I can turn her into a Capaldi mark my life will be made!!

This season has been the best I can remember so far....everything has been hit out of the ball park, we'll see if he monologues again for the start of Part 2, I hope he doesn't....I showed that speech to some friends and compared it to the Paradox in Terminator of the broken Terminator being what lead to Cyberdine systems....they all look at me and go "fucking time travel" and mumble on for an hour :D