Series 9 ....

For everything to do with Doctor Who.
TheDoctor80
Re: Series 9 ....

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Yes the speech about the stuff he has done. Really shows he's tortured. The 2 part episodes need to stay.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:46 pm

I think this is the season I'm beginning to understand what people go through when doctors and companions change, since we caught up on New-Who right as Matt Smith left, we were just blowing through stuff on Netflix and you knew pretty much when and where it was happening, and just knowing the end of the road is coming for Clara, I'm kinda bummed out since it took almost a season and a half to get her and their relationship right....least we're getting another season (at least) of Capaldi....hes amazing!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:19 pm

I don't want Clara to leave either. Like you said they are just getting the relationship right. What's the next companion going to be?

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Who knows?? We just know it won't be Osgood.... we were done with our DVR-ed shows and got back from Spectre in time to catch the big speech from the Doctor to UNIT and the Zygons....and man it seemed to hit home a LOT more after all the lunacy that happened in Paris this week.....the speech really got to me....even Jamie said "we need to play this speech for every politician ever...."

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:02 am

I kinda don't want it to be the Osgoods anyway.
I think whoever is next can't be as big of a presence as Clara was. They don't need to make the companion some huge deal right away.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:08 pm

I was annoyed enough I read a spoiler that this was Clara's last episode on the show....but man that was a bit of a crappy way to send her off (though she was a victim of her own arrogance/over-confidence)...plus the last few minutes felt VERY drawn out (and I sulked the rest of the night after we watched it)

I am intrigued on who wanted the Doctor so badly..... Timelords perhaps?

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Sadly I glanced at this thread and saw it was Clara's last as well. Sure the last few moments were a bit drawn out, but there was that great speech. Bringing it all back to the second meeting, "you're going to be alone now and you're not good at that". That right there had me in tears. She truly knows what The Doctor is capable of when things don't go his way. The warning to ME was very appropriate, the doctor doesn't have stories about those that have stopped him especially when he is wronged.

Time lords perhaps. I'm sure there are other factions out there. Maybe something we haven't seen since classic who or maybe something totally new.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:20 am

I had it spoiled to me on Facebook that day.....I was raging.....didn't mean to wreck it for you....though it was such a STRANGE goodbye, it took me grumbling out that Capaldi confirmed this was Clara's farewell for Jamie to believe me.....now is she dead.... or "Moffat Dead"?? Even Danny kinda came back for a cup of cyber-coffee

Angry Doctor is some scary stuff no doubt.....you could feel his blood boiling.... Clara did meet her end well though I will admit.... I'm still not ready for her to go.....I think I finally get it now....this is my first non-Netflix "goodbye" where I have to sit on it and just not hit next episode and see where it goes from there.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:32 am

The waiting is the hardest part indeed. I did the whole what Rose to the departure of the Ponds in a few months and it was easy to just hit next and not have to wait.

Now though what do I do? Who'll be next. I'll be questioning every character.

Yes Capaldi made the air boil with anger and hate. I Don't think any other actor whose been the Doctor lately could have done that. Goes back to Clara's comment of "you can't be the good cop remember the face."

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:00 am

It seems like next week is a solo episode for sure, so I'm in no rush, and I think some solo Doctor adventures (or companion of the week)

I have to admit the more I watch shows as they air, the more I dislike binge watching....you lose something watching the whole thing en masse

I'm gonna be miserable for a week when Capaldi moves on....I know this already.......