"Star Trek" Discovery.....

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
Scott the Hockey Guy
"Star Trek" Discovery.....

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:37 pm

.....not gonna lie, it's been pretty bad, the main character is not only totally unlikable and boring, but OMG SHE KNOWS THE SAREKKK'zzzzz so we can FORCE FEED SPOCK INTO THIS STORY IF NEEDED....*ugh*, the rest of the cast outside of the gutless alien is bland and invisible....the new ship is kinda ugly (and that donut hole around the saucer section makes ZERO sense from a design standpoint)....the story is pretty bad, the continuity is awful (they didn't have site to site transport in TOS forget about before it), while the ships look similar in design to JJ-Trek, this is supposed to NOT be in that timeline....and I won't even go into the disaster of these 'Klingons' .... *ugh*

....but hey it looks pretty and you're supposed to pay $7 a month to see this shit in the US??? this thing is a disaster from the start....not to mention they damn near killed everyone in the DAMN PILOT

I'm not very happy about this, it's sad when You Tube'ers can give us more quality Star Trek (like Trek Continues if you haven't seen it yet) than CBS/Paramount does....its almost like they wrote this with it failing BADLY in mind.....

TheDoctor80

Re: "Star Trek" Discovery.....

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:25 am

I'll have to admit I have yet to watch Star Trek Discovery. I'm worried about a lot about what it's going to be like. I already don't like the looks of the Klingons from what I've seen in pictures.

I was also worried about the cast and CBS trying to cram stuff in for people to buy the service. As for me in Canada I can't even buy CBS all access. I really am skeptical that this show will be good.

I've been a Trek fan since TNG first came out and I've invested a lot of hours into Terk, but I'm not sure I want to add more at this point.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:07 am

oh, it's pretty BAD....and I wasn't one of those Trek fans who hated the JJ movies....least they got the characters right in that one, and the ideas were still there.....this one....a war hungry captain....tech that doesn't fit with the past (and yes I know it wasn't gonna look like the 60s show...but CMON....and this spore drive....eekk).....and the characters....just BAD....I'm giving it the whole season (and praising Rao that I ain't paying for this drivel)......can't you get this on Netflix??? I'm grateful for my Fire Stick to spare me the misery of wasting money on this.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 am

Sigh I was afraid of how bad it would be. I wanted so much to be okay with this or even heaven forbid love it... I too enjoy the JJ movies. The characters are spot on. Especially Bones, but I give credit to Karl Urban credit for that, (man can he act)... I've heard of this spore drive dibacal and Rao is that bad. Sure it's not going to look the same as the 60's show but Enterprise did that well and still fit in. This show just seems like a total cluster fuck... Netflix Canada doesn't have it yet, we have it on I don't know what, so I've downloaded it by other means.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:10 am

Yeah I'm totally using other means too....and each time I sit through an episode I need something of ACTUAL Trek value to watch it....have you tried "Star Trek continues"....it's a you tube show but damned good!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm

I have seen a snipit of Trek continues and I could get real hooked on that. I haven't fully watched all of TOS. I have a hard time sometimes with it. Not that I think it's horrible just hasn't really been a priority.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:29 pm

well if/when you finish the original series.... continues picks right up as if it was season 4.....I'm totally into it now!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 pm

I'll get there before Discovery I think lol.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:47 pm

good call sir!!!!

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:03 pm

So I've been stumbling through this show so far (I have myself convinced I HAVE to give this a full season and I'm praying there's some awesome twist at the end and this is REALLY "the Mirror Universe"....but I dream ).....but I think I came close to my breaking point with the second appearance of Harry Mudd in the last episode....they took a pleasant, fun, but scummy kinda space scoundrel and turned him into some kind of time warping killing machine?!?!?! I actually jumped off my couch and yelled "THE FUCK!??!!?!?!"

I swear this whole show's purpose is to shit on the 50+ years of actual Trek we had on TV till this point, the only way I sit through these now is to cleanse the pallet with a Star Trek continues episode right after......