Season 4!

For everything related to The CW's The Flash.
Scott the Hockey Guy
Season 4!

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:48 am

So we're off to a good start and this episode feels like "ok we know what we screwed up last season....let's use the bizarre circumstances of our show to do a speed force reboot!!!" I liked Wally's presence and attempt to run the show (and his legends cameo), and everyone stepping up in one way or another (even Grumpy Iris, who was talking Kara lessons who was also truly taking Oliver lessons....hah) ....everything WORKED last night and everything just felt right again.....I'm feeling good about this season and I even like the quick reveal of the Thinker....who looked DAMNED AWESOME too....is it next Tuesday yet?

TheDoctor80

Re: Season 4!

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:06 am

Well I agree with you that it was a spectacular episode.

But I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Why did Barry have to come back so quickly. Like let's have some wait time. Even better have him come back but stay put of it for a few episodes and just have him react to Iris being in danger, but not knowing why he did it, and still have him all beautiful mind like.

On the other hand yay Barry is back and much much faster than Wally as it should be.

I liked Grumpy no holds bar Iris she needs to stay at that level of compantancy through this season.

Now let's discuss the main event of Catilin snow. I like this whole dual identity thing. Maybe she can gain complete control over the Killer Frost side. Also damn is she gorgeous in those jeans and that low cut top. Might have developed a slight crush.

Wally and Cisco working together with Joe so worked well. They had a real dynamic.i like Ciso is more with his powers too. And yes Wally on Legends was amazing. I like when they have the characters interact but it's not a whole episode thing.

(Question should we just merge all the DC shows into one thread?)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 am

I would have EASILY accepted a few episodes of seeing "what Barry is suffering through in the Speed Force"....but yeah star of the show is the star of the show.....

Yeah Dr Carilin and Frosty Hyde was nice.....I will enjoy that going on and off this season :)

Iris needed some show focus BADLY....this was it....now on to that wedding.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Oh god the wedding. I forgot about that. There is a plot device if I ever seen one. Who's going to be unable to make it. Barry or Iris. If it is Iris please please don't make it so she is helpless and captured. I want to see her spirit and fight to get free. Or no coma for the wedding.

Caitlin and Hyde haha that sounds awesome. I know it will be a leading point for a few episodes.

I really want Tuesday again.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:27 pm

I don't think they will....the wedding is the focal point of the crossover (and they were showing pics of Kara in her bride's maid dress too this week)....if anything maybe the evil doubles crash the reception...or stand in for a few heroes....heh

I'm officially claiming Caitlin and Hyde as mine now ;)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:39 pm

I give you fill credit for Caitlin and Hyde.

I wasn't aware of all the wedding stuff before I put that reply in. Have been super busy and haven't read all the stuff.

Well maybe some one will get snapped away at the I do moment lol.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Well seems like we'll meet Earth-X Kara first from photo shoots and world leaking out from Crossover-ville....I need to stop reading this stuff.....finding out the Earth-X "flash" would have been cooler to wait for, same with the Black Arrow from their world (though that one is just rumor)

As for this episode HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AMAZING!
the fat suit

the iron man laser beams
the couples therapy....that poor therapist.....

Cisco being an idiot about Gypsy (who should have told him in the first place)

it's kinda funny how me and Jamie had a minor spat (we have those all the time) when I was like "see why I get all paranoid when you just just go to hockey?? Shit like this makes me paranoid!!" and she was "what in the hell about us is NORMAL anyway??" ...she has a point :p

This episode hit EVERY mark and was amazingly done, the kids didn't stop laughing for the whole hour! The Flash IS indeed back!!!!

and I love this super-slow build with the thinker (much like the formula they are using with Reign), these are truly the best four hours of the week!!!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:32 am

So I had a huge post and it got deleted by accident.

Loved loved loved this last episode. The whole Risky Business opening really set the tone of this season. The get remember we used to be fun and light. Well it's back.

I enjoyed couples therapy for Iris and Barry. There are issues that need to be worked on. Like Barry not going in alone. Sure he's been out for 6 months but he can't do it all.

I did like the Gypse and Cisco moments. It was a typical male female dynamic. Gypse didn't want to talk about what was important to her, and Cisco totally dropped the ball in catching her mood.

Iris and Catlin will either have it out or be keeping a secret about the Hyde part by the end of the season.

I do really like the slow build up to the big bad. We don't need him always there..

So far so damn good this season.

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:14 am

Wow just wow. I am so happy that Harry is back. I missed him his and Cisco's brash chemistry so works.

Seeing wedding plans is great, but I'm a bit torn since I know what is going to happen at the wedding. Would have loved to have that as a surprise.

Wally well I'm not surprised they are letting him go. He he hasn't done much since Barry came back. And poor guy got cube dumped well kinda.

They are really coming more together as a team.

I loved seeing the whole Joe and Cecile pregnancy thing. He was not expecting that lol.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:35 am

Yeah that whole dumping cube thing was low.....was not a fan of that.... I hope Wally jumps there to confront her at least.....though I get the feeling that Wally's future may be in the Teen Titans...I hate seeing him hang in the wayside right now....but he is....kinda....unneeded....they're kicking a LOT of speedsters to the side now....probably not much Jay this year though...

The "hurry up and marry us" scene was AMAZING....can't lie!

The villain was a nice use of her and some more campy kinda fun .....but next week... RALPH EFFING DIBNY....I shrieked when I saw it....the kids have NO idea what they are in for :D

and I wonder if Joe's kid ends up being Daniel West (Wally 2.0's father in the comics and Reverse-Flash 2.0)....Cecile was pissing me off trying to get Joe to move though.....