Gonna be a QUIET 2016 here.....

For everything to do with Doctor Who.
TheDoctor80
Re: Gonna be a QUIET 2016 here.....

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Well now we wait until Christmas again.

My head still spins when I think of what I saw in this episode. I've watched it and the part before it a few times. There is so much going on.

How will the Doctor react meeting his first incarnation?
Will he find out Missy did want to help him. Will we see how she gets captured before being put in the vault.

Will we get to see the new Doctor in the special? I kinda hope we have to wait until the new series under the new show runner to see who it is.

I'm really going to miss Bill as a companion. She did things no other companion did. Well maybe Donna a bit. Plus I wasn't as happy with the ending of her run. Oh now I'm well who knows what she is.

Nardol will be missed to. He had just the right amount of humor in him but provided so much to the audience.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:54 am

Yeah I feel totally jipped right now....this was the best Doctor/companion grouping of the new run....and it got as many episodes as Eccelston did (which still irks me too)....and it got made worse by having that terrible three-parter in the season which was just a dreadful waste.... *sigh*....I'm just NOT ready for Capaldi to go....dammit Moffat! And Missy too....they really are scorching the Earth (just like RTD did when he left)

The only thing easing the blow on me is now I finally found means to watch classic Who without some annoying fan-girl doing voice overs over it....so I really am seeing the first Doctor at work....and now he's back on the Christmas episode....I can only hope for "the 12 Doctors of Christmas" ..... DON'T LEAVE CAPALDI.....dammit....argh......

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:45 pm

I too will be going on a classic Who binge now that I have no New Capaldi episodes.

Now let us discuss the the news of the new Doctors reveal. What are your thoughts?

I for one am very excited. This is something that has sought after for while now. A woman Doctor. Someone new and fresh. I for one am not upset at all. I'm more upset it wasn't kept a surprise longer.

Doctor Who is about embracing change and I for one am all for it. I had a strong feeling it was heading this way with some of the lines spoken in the last two episodes.

I do agree I am upset that Bill and Capaldi won't be on screen together again. They did have strong chemistry. It was perfect there was no romance involved.

I mourn the loss but get giddy at the possibilities that are going to happen. So long as they don't over girlify the show just because it is a woman. No sonic lipstick or a pink sonic screwdrive.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:37 am

Yeah I'm still torn on this.....every time I watch Broadchurch now....and I'm like "shit she's replacing Capaldi" and I'm still not ready for this (especially with us losing Bill and Nardone too....it's too much at once for me dammit!!)....and I was holding out for "Peggy Carter or bust for 13th Doctor"

I saw the best meme about this in the morning "Dr Who fans are saying IT'S ABOUT TIME .....for something Star Trek did 22 years ago" :lol: :lol:

and I was hoping for a season of MOffat-free Capaldi too.....this is my first true regeneration period (we had started watching in the gap between Smith and Capaldi so this is strange for me)

I think above all I just hope this is "she is really the best person for the role" and not a "let's make the Doctor a chick for the sake of making her one and appeasing the Gender Police"

....this has been a rough year for TV, no more Bates Motel, Capaldi leaving, Orphan Black is finishing up....it's going to be a rough Christmas night indeed.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Through the quiet times I am lucky to have a fiancee who despite not watching Dr. Who threw me a themed party..

My kids and her got me the Blue wool coat Capaldi wore.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:34 pm

damn she did her homework for NOT knowing the show :D

nicely done!!!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:42 pm

Well did anyone watch the Christmas episode?

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Of course I did!! .....twice....we did the "Fathom Events" thing and saw it in the theater last night too

"the second first Doctor" was AMAZING....I kinda wanna see more of him....a LOT more :D

and while I'm still not ready to let go of Capaldi (even Jamie admitted this was by far her favorite Capaldi adventure in his run)....they at least gave him an AMAZING send-off....tied up all the loose ends and did 12 right (which they kinda owed him since this season of Who was so-so at best and a waste of Capaldi most of the season)....I turned away when the Regeneration lights hit I admit.....I'll probably watch it again when I have the time since it was so amazingly done and so goddamned fun!!!

(funny side note: when we first met the Captain....I was like "whoa he looks like the Brigadier"....I was kinda right ;) )

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:10 pm

I've watched it a couple of times now and want to watch it many more.

They did a well job with the second first. Only small nitpick is he was too well rehearsed. I miss the first firsts searching for lines. But damn I do want to see more..

There were a few missed opportunities. One Susan. Second we never saw 12 get the call to arms for Gallifrey.

I am for sure not ready to let Capaldi go. I wear the coat I got for my birthday all the time now. Also I've been wandering around with his sonic. This was a good story for him. Made me have and allergic reaction and some watery eyes. I cheered when we saw Bill. They played that so well. The chemistry between the whole group worked so well. The unique interactions between the first and Bill were great. Also the way Mark played his role was grand.

I loved how the memories were restored of Clara and it wasn't to the detriment of Bill. It was the perfect gift for Bill to give the Doctor.

I hate seeing Capaldi leave but can't wait to see Jody full on.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:53 pm

I guess the best thing to say is "always leave with them wanting more".....right?? That's the one thing I can hang my head on....I'm not ready for Capaldi to leave

and yeah I was expecting Susan to walk out that hallway and I was like ... "oh....Bill....." not that I hated Bill in fact I loved the chemistry of the TARDIS this season, just Susan woulda been a TRUE "Holy Shit" moment....I wonder if she's out of bounds to bring back?

I see your point about stumbling first doctor....but even like the GPR podcast mentioned.....right before the regeneration (the point they were both at)....they "heal up"....guess that includes his mental facilities?

And yeah Clara HAD to be brought back and before he moved on....maybe they couldn't get Matt Smith to film the extra scene....I'd assume they'd need him to make that CALL....heh