12 Monkeys

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
stargatepioneer
12 Monkeys

Post by stargatepioneer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Okay! Who's watching the new SyFy series 12 Monkeys? I'm quite enjoying it! Time travel and an apocalypse? The only thing better would be spaceships and space battles.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: 12 Monkeys

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:57 pm

I'm a bit behind but it's growing on me....I kinda liked the idea tha the future machine was gonna glitch out and he'd be stuck in the past....but it's certainly better than the movie was so far!

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:40 am

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:I'm a bit behind but it's growing on me....I kinda liked the idea tha the future machine was gonna glitch out and he'd be stuck in the past....but it's certainly better than the movie was so far!
I never had a chance to watch the movie. But the TV show has kept my attention.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Don't watch the movie, it was great till the very end, much like unbreakable like that....i'm almost caught up on the TV show now and I am very impressed and I hear it got renewed too!

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:58 am

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:Don't watch the movie, it was great till the very end, much like unbreakable like that....i'm almost caught up on the TV show now and I am very impressed and I hear it got renewed too!
I'm glad it was renewed although I am worried about how they will sustain a plausible plot past season 1. And I've heard so much about how I wouldn't like the movie and with so much other stuff out there that I would like instead that at this point I'm not going to waste my time with it.

This is probably the most promising new SyFy show that I have seen since the days of BSG and Stargate.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:59 am

stargatepioneer wrote:I'm glad it was renewed although I am worried about how they will sustain a plausible plot past season 1. And I've heard so much about how I wouldn't like the movie and with so much other stuff out there that I would like instead that at this point I'm not going to waste my time with it.

This is probably the most promising new SyFy show that I have seen since the days of BSG and Stargate.
I felt the same about Helix, and that show just went on a totally different tangent that took half the season for you to get back up to speed with (its good again now though the show is in jeopardy)

Good call on skipping the movie....the show has potential, but yeah ....no way they get three or four season from this without some MASSIVE timey whimey shenanigans.....

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:50 pm

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:I felt the same about Helix, and that show just went on a totally different tangent that took half the season for you to get back up to speed with (its good again now though the show is in jeopardy)

Good call on skipping the movie....the show has potential, but yeah ....no way they get three or four season from this without some MASSIVE timey whimey shenanigans.....
Well. It >>IS<< a Time Travel Show. I'm sure they'll find a way.

Now Helix? That show has never, ever just grabbed me. In fact I'm losing faith in RDM for how this show is going. Do I appreciate the time shifting in the second season? Yes. But the story itself does not grab me at all. The isolation of the events in both seasons is far from plausible and in true RDM-BSG fashion there are few - if any - characters I really care about. However, that is only my opinion. I'm open to other interpretations.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:11 pm

We felt the same about Helix too, it felt like the whole first season (which was REALLY good mind you)....didn't matter in the second season, aside from the Immortals who were a "oh by the way" group in the season....the permanent pregnancy thing flipped Jamie out (since she is a mother of twins and couldn't imagine :p) .....but the show hit it's stride again now, sucks that they again buried the most intriguing guy in Michael AND told us he's locked there for 30 years :p

As for 12 Monkeys, yeah I'm totally caught up, and I guess some kinda time reboot can alter history and the number of times Cole has jumped back and saved him somehow....much timey whimey wizardy there....

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:03 am

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:As for 12 Monkeys, yeah I'm totally caught up, and I guess some kinda time reboot can alter history and the number of times Cole has jumped back and saved him somehow....much timey whimey wizardy there....
For what it's worth I loved seeing Kirk Acevedo in this past week's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Kirk can get intense sometimes but I love watching him. There is always something interesting going on around that guy when he's on the screen. Never a dull moment.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Well looks like they already started the "Cole reboot".....that whole scene of injecting him with his own blood was pretty awesome (so was re-meeting his fath, even thought it ended up causing his death....and then young Cole meets young Ramsey)....a nicely done episode, I'm sad the season finale is next week