DC Television shows next season

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
Starsaber
DC Television shows next season

Post by Starsaber » Fri May 15, 2015 12:15 am

In the past 2 days, we got the trailers for Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. Supergirl looks pretty good, but Legends looks freaking epic.

Supergirl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo
My favorite bits are the airplane sequence and the costume montage.
The personal life bits are cheesy, but her enthusiasm for the hero stuff is pretty fun.

Legends of Tomorrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc
Not even sure where to start on this one. Epic, just epic. I'm wondering if any of this is actually from next week's Flash.
So it looks like the new Ra's arranges to have Sara brought back in the Lazarus Pit. Love her new costume.
Kind of interesting that we haven't seen Robbie Amell even though Firestorm was in the trailer.
Vandal Savage as the villain is promising.
"Rip Hunter. I'm from East London. Oh, and the future."
Looks like Reverse Flash gets a time-sphere at some point and Flash is heavily involved in at least the pilot.
"If that's the worst Savage can throw at us, we've got this thing nailed down"
"Why did you say that?"
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: DC Television shows next season

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri May 15, 2015 12:50 am

I'm VERY intrigued by the Supergirl show....especially how they tied it into the Man of Steel Movie and they said it will be tied into Flash and Arrow....that's a lotta ties and maybe a dangerous road....

I just want to see outtakes of Arthur Darvill's out takes and how many times he screws up and calls himself a TIMELORD on accident :)

Legends of Tomorrow looks like an awesome bridge show for the Flash and Arrow winter break :)

Such an awesome time to be a DC Fanboy!

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri May 15, 2015 1:08 am

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:I'm VERY intrigued by the Supergirl show....especially how they tied it into the Man of Steel Movie and they said it will be tied into Flash and Arrow....that's a lotta ties and maybe a dangerous road....

I just want to see outtakes of Arthur Darvill's out takes and how many times he screws up and calls himself a TIMELORD on accident :)

Legends of Tomorrow looks like an awesome bridge show for the Flash and Arrow winter break :)

Such an awesome time to be a DC Fanboy!
I'm pretty sure they said Supergirl doesn't connect to Man of Steel. They haven't ruled out connecting with Flash and Arrow, but unless it involves alternate realities, it'd be a stretch since Superman seems to have been active for a while, which you'd think would have come up in one of the CW shows.

Still not sure if Legends is going to be an Agent Carter style bridge show or will just start at mid-season to replace something that gets cancelled.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri May 15, 2015 1:35 am

I'm hoping it's a mid-season filler, that's one LONG wait from Christmas till almost March....

Watching The Supergirl trailer it pretty much copied the Man of Steel storyline, even the shadowy super-figure they showed looked like Cavill....i kinda just want the TV shows to intertwine and let the movies be like Earth 2 or something, the CW-verse is just going too awesome to let the movies spoil it....least for me

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri May 15, 2015 1:40 am

I just had a thought. If Robbie Amell isn't in this show, maybe Heatwave will be the other half of Firestorm for it. The only stuff we saw of him in the trailer was from the Fight Club promo and episodes of the Flash that have already aired.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri May 15, 2015 4:40 am

Seriously - I've watched the Legends of Tomorrow trailer like 6 times now -- I can't wait to see this. I also am really curious to see how the time card plays in relation to The Flash and Arrow. Judging that we have Arrow in his usual suit, I'm thinking perhaps this "launch point" will even be some time in this season's shows.

Did anyone catch the Reverse Flash rear shot?

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri May 15, 2015 4:45 am

Starsaber wrote:I just had a thought. If Robbie Amell isn't in this show, maybe Heatwave will be the other half of Firestorm for it. The only stuff we saw of him in the trailer was from the Fight Club promo and episodes of the Flash that have already aired.
They COULD just CGI him in if his schedule didn't allow him to make the filming

Maybe Rip Hunter fixes the time-mess Barry's about to make?

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri May 15, 2015 11:02 am

Stephen wrote:Seriously - I've watched the Legends of Tomorrow trailer like 6 times now -- I can't wait to see this. I also am really curious to see how the time card plays in relation to The Flash and Arrow. Judging that we have Arrow in his usual suit, I'm thinking perhaps this "launch point" will even be some time in this season's shows.

Did anyone catch the Reverse Flash rear shot?
Not until someone on Twitter pointed it out, but the first few times I watched were on my phone.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat May 16, 2015 6:15 am

There's so much footage in there from past seasons of Flash/Arrow, my spidey senses tell me that's a scene from The Flash finale.

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:15 am

And we have a new trailer that's at least mostly from the real show (and the airdate of the pilot). January 21 is now second only to December 18 on my "can't wait" list (and even that's pretty close).

https://youtu.be/c7LlmaFg0lw