Supergirl

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
Scott the Hockey Guy
Re: Supergirl

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Yeah and I suspect Barry is gonna go fetch Kara for the three-part crossover too....but still this needs to be cleaned up sooner than later just for simplicity's sake....but the problem is Kara is a tad over-powered for their universe and it will always leave that "why didn't they ask her" hole in plot, plus they need to keep Wells and Jessie around too.....

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:36 pm

sooooooo:

WOW......just.....WOW

Tyler NAILED it as both Clark and Superman....he had a very much "Chris Reeve" feel to him, but still did his own thing and totally owned it with the big brother advice for Kara (and seeing Cat Grant get all goofy about him.....heh)

The Easter Eggs.... MISS TESSMACHERRRRRRRRR....the mention to the Earthquake machine....the phone call to "Mister Wayne"...the tease and build towards Metallo.....fabulously done!!!

I like that they are turning down the volume on the Kara/James mistake (it was too forced)....and the CW has learned from Oliver and Felicity :) ....Olsen was also a lot more likable in this episode than he was last year....CW seems to know better how to run with the material....not to mention more use of the damn super-powers and using them at high speeds to mask the CGI a bit.....nicely done

Issues with Clark and J'onn.....interesting and I like it, I see the point of view from both on the Kryptonite floating around too

My only disappointment was Cat was too friendly....she needs more piss and vinegar in her dialogue

I have to say and I'm still amazed I said this....the Flash better watch it (BTW, THANK YOU for having him in the intro scenes...that was amazing!) this show is nailing the light-hearted geekiness and I'm embracing the hell out of this :)

this show belonged on the CW all along

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:57 pm

WOW is an understatement.

That was some of the best TV I've seen in a while.

For a few moments I was worried Superman would overshadow Kara but nope. She held her own and more. The whole diapers comment.

I enjoyed all the easter eggs. I missed the Wayne or but caught the were moving back to Gotham one.

There will be plot holes maybe with the shared universe having Kara vastly over powered, but they will work it out.

This show does belong on CW. It feels better.

I too agree Cat was a tidbit nice. But that could be CW'S influence for now.

Can anybody say set upgrade?

Yes I'm so glad they ditched the Jimmy/Kara relation ship fast.

Good Journey

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Yes missed this but Barry in the opening credits worked perfectly.

Good Journey

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:45 pm

People are saying he was saying "Mister White" on the phone before he took off to the sky but I SWEAR it was Wayne!! I can't wait till next week!!!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:05 pm

No I'm sure it was Mister White with the great Ceasars ghost reference.

Good Journey

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:42 pm

So really digging the not using Jimmy so much. They have perfected his place I think.

Good Journey

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Yeah this show has totally found itself.....I only miss Cat about half as much as I expected to....only thing missing is Kara having the stones to stand up to Snapper Carr better, but the rest has been FABULOUS....I loved using the alien registration to play out legit social issues going on NOW, that's when Sci-Fi is at its BEST anyway :)

Supergirl is much improved and I loved Version 1 of it too!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:19 pm

I do miss some Cat but I know she is better as a quest who will give Kara some pep talks when needed.

Having Jimmy step into the leader role is interesting it gives Kara some freedom to be who she is and not worry about having to fool Cat, (who knows despite what is said), but allow her to still have a person she can confide in.

Snapper Carr well he's interesting. I want to see how much he pushes Kara to be more herself. She has gained footing some places but staggered others and it's good to have Supergirl grow differently than Kara.

I'm 100% happy Kal is gone they really used him perfectly and not over did it. Which was good for the station move and attraction for new viewers.

Loved the little easter egg of Linda Carter saying you should see my other jet. Wonder who she is gonna turn out to be in the end even though it won't be Wonder Woman.

Winn is being used differently and I'm liking it a lot. He was so under/over used before, as in fix everything but be love sick puppy. Now he's standing on his own and works better in the DEO.

Bringing in Sawyer was fantastic and having her being who she is without having to go overboard with it was wow. They didn't overly say hey I'm gay/lesbian whatever you want to call it, (don't want to offend anyone), they just fit it in without pushing.

Alex is gonna grow big time if she teams up with Maggie more. She's for sure going to have some development and issues this season. More internal family conflict perhaps.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:15 pm

The best Easter Egg was Kara doing the classic "Wonder Woman spin" :D

Yeah I like the way the cast is expanding and filling in for the losses of Cat and Max Lord (though we need him back dammit, he was the perfect Luthor type for Kara)

I do hope Clark pops in a bit more often though :)

And putting Olsen on the back burner was a much needed thing....the two actors just don't click and the whole relationship thing was going down the horrid Oliver/Felicity path (I refuse to use that dumb name for it)....though Olsen's gonna be the Guardian tonight....and I look forward to seeing more hints of the crossover coming.....