**** Regarding the Visual Change / Important Info Re Login ****

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
Stephen
**** Regarding the Visual Change / Important Info Re Login ****

Post by Stephen » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:20 pm

Hello Everyone,

As you may have seen, the forums look a bit different now. In order to keep up to date with security I've had to revert back to a stock theme for phpBB. Sorry about this and I hope the change isn't too distracting.

Secondly, as you may have noticed, the forums login USED to be the same as the login on the main GonnaGeek site. Unfortunately that's been broken for awhile and there isn't currently a bridge that makes sense to keep using. What does this mean? Bottom line is that the user accounts here will be different than the accounts on GonnaGeek.com. Now, here's the thing, that's not really that important because there's some upcoming changes to GonnaGeek.com which will make it so (in theory) an account is not needed over there anymore. When this happens, existing accounts on the GonnaGeek.com main site will be disabled.

I know there's only a handful of you left over here, but I still wanted to keep this open for you to use - but to do so I had to get things all up to date security wise.

Thanks for being a part of GonnaGeek.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: **** Regarding the Visual Change / Important Info Re Login ****

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:45 pm

Holy Bright Colors Batman!!!!

and yeah I wish we could drag more people over here....kicking if neccessary......

TheDoctor80

Re: **** Regarding the Visual Change / Important Info Re Login ****

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 pm

I too wish I could bring in more users. There is a lot to be talked about. It seems that life has gotten far too busy more so than it was 5 years ago..

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk