CW Crossover time!!!!

Want to talk TV but doesn't fit into any of the other TV categories? Talk about here!
Scott the Hockey Guy
CW Crossover time!!!!

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Man all the shows are really kicking into gear (hell even Gotham is but that's a different universe :p ) and now we get THIS NEXT FRAKKING WEEK....*squeeeeeaaaallll* !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-jPN-VCoA

So can't wait!!!!

TheDoctor80

Re: CW Crossover time!!!!

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm all caught up except the crisis episodes they will be my reward after my exam tomorrow. Sorry life's been crazy so haven't had time to watch or post.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:27 am

So I have finally finished watching the wonderful 4 piece masterpiece that was Crisis on Earth X. There is so much that just blew me away. This is how a cross over event should go. The way they blended the shows so well and chose the right moments to have the right characters involved. There was no forced over crowding. When a character was needed they were there and it felt organic.

I lost it when I knew Martin was going to die. Like you said he was leaving I just didn't think it would be by death. I was really was hoping he'd have his happy ending. When he sacrificed himself for the team and then Jackson I had as Mick so elegantly put it "alergies".

They managed to mix a good blend of humor, action, suspense, and heart into this cross over.

Okay silly observation the priest attempting to marry Barry and Iris looked like the love child of Colonel Sanders and George Lucas.

Seeing a dark Oliver and Kara was interesting, more so for Kara, since Oliver can be that dark.

I really enjoyed how Felicity and Iris did manage to hold their own up until Metallo showed up.

Killer Frost is damn hella good I knew they would bring her to the good side more so now. Loved her Iceman moves with the gliding on ice.

Oh and let's not forget the wonderful ceremony at the end Digs pulled it out and married two power couples.

The movie universe needs to take notice of how it should be done.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:37 pm

FYI, the Priest was William Katt from Greatest American Hero theme (and one of the greatest TV theme songs of all time)

I'm still in awe of that Crossover a year later.....any and all extra work into this was totally worth it :)

Even Stephen Amell is lobbying for a Blu-Ray of this Crisis.....this NEEDS to happen!!

I'm still anti-Oliver and Felicity....it brings back WAY too many memories of this show as its worst....that makes me cringe

You forgot about Citizen Cold (he's sticking around on Legends for a bit)......Wentworth makes GOLD out of anything they send his way and I'm glad to hear he'd come back if/when asked and the story needed it

Did you notice the potential Tornado Twin at the wedding???

I HATED Stein's death....it was kinda dumb strategy and I know they wanted to give him a sendoff ....and put a cost on the crossover....but still....I didn't think Stein needed to die either....

....this is what happens when you have 6 seasons and 4 seasons and 3 seasons and 3 seasons of characters built up and developed and you can turn the volume up to ten and set the stakes properly and everything can mix because it's mixed and matched in small doses and this is the mammoth payoff that you use all that prep and build up for!!! (much like the Marvel movies).....the idiots at WB Studios may never get this....just STAY AWAY FROM THE TV DAMMIT!!!! I need to watch this thing again before I sulk over Dr Who tomorrow......

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:37 am

There was so much to see in this I was sure I missed things.

I will watch it again for sure, many times.
And I think that the seasons of each show should have all 4 parts on it.

I do love Wentworth coming back. And I love it's not the same character fully, they expanded on him.

I wonder who will be taking over on Legends for Grey? I do understand they had to give the crossover stakes and they didn't pull back with them.