totally random stuff for here...buttt......

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
Scott the Hockey Guy
totally random stuff for here...buttt......

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:26 pm

It's not every day the most famous and well known hockey blogger who also writes for a lil known company called yahoo sports quotes you in an article talking about the life and times of one of the most decorated goalies in NHL history (wayyyy back in the day I used to write hockey recaps, before the word "blog" existed....man I was a different person back then)....but hell it's pretty awesome and eye popping to see your name in print....again (he once asked me about the Boogeyman, the WWE Wrestler too and I made one of his columns)....here's the whole article just because I feel like saying how awesome it was....and my God how much more of the crazy sports fan I was back then....ha!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 59650.html

Stephen

Re: totally random stuff for here...buttt......

Post by Stephen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Wow that's really cool Scott!! I had no idea you used to write recaps -- that's really need too. Congrats on being quoted :)

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: totally random stuff for here...buttt......

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah I was blown away by the fact that he remembered the quote some 15 years later, and the response it got from people.....it was amazing to see how I "captured the spirit and plight of the NJ Devils fan" in one long quote :)

Long story short, back in Dec of 95 I had a message board buddy who'd ask ten million questions about each game since he lived out in Cali, so instead of answering his questions, I started doing game write-ups....as I got used to it and grew a format, I added my personality to it (in fact most of my outgoing-ness came from that, go figure I found social skills through the internet, that's a first right?)....within a month I had a hundred people reading the emails....that grew, and became a website, that ran till the 2004 lockout and not doing it for a year made me realize how over-absorbed I was in it....and that most of those people had NHL Center Ice anyway.....I started doing home game write ups for another site but that fell apart too, and I stopped....and got more into playing it....but it was a cool flashback to when I was sorta internet-famous :)

Hell I even wore my Brodeur jersey in goal this morning.....it seemed fitting!