RIP Spock

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
TheDoctor80
RIP Spock

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:29 am

Today is a sad day for anyone who watched this great man. The world will never be the same with out him.

My fondest memory of Mr. Nimoy is his voice as Galvatron. I'll never be able to watch that movie the same anymore.

Feel free to share memories you have.

Live long and prosper.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: RIP Spock

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:04 pm

I don't get caught up in famous people dying anymore.....I did this one I have to admit

Between seeming a genuine good person, the importance of his role of Spock and how well he defined the character and set the standard for every person to ever play a Vulcan after him in Star Trek and just the sudden-ness of it all, not to mention how Star Trek reruns on Channel 11 on Saturdays at 6pm was a staple in my childhood

My favorite moment will always be when he first speaks to Syler-Spock in the JJ-Reboot-Trek in his "pass the torch" moment :)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:11 am

I normally don't get worked up either. There are a few celebrities that have had the impact though. But this this is Spock.

The passing of the torch was a nice touch. I'm for one glad they did this moment in the movies.

Live long and prosper.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:24 am

Did he film any scenes for Trek III?? I hope he did....would be awesome to see him as Spock one last time.....

Aset

Post by Aset » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:16 pm

I'm still crushed by this.
Jeannie
Fire and Blood
http://tyrionslanding.com

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:22 pm

This really impacted me too - and I too usually don't get caught up with celebrity deaths. Someone on my facebook posted a link to the funeral scene in Star Trek 2, and that really got to me. It's sad to think our beloved TOS crew will not be around one day...

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:04 pm

That is very sad the TOS crew was very important in changing tv and Sci-fi. I respect them all. I really need to watch all the original Trek.

Live long and prosper.

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:13 am

Leonard was with me for so much from TOS and In Search Of to Fringe. I'm grateful he was involved in so much that we can still see him in several different roles when we want to. I'll miss seeing him in new roles. I'm happy his life has been remembered and celebrated by so many. I believe we are all definitely better for him having been in our lives even if it was only through the tv and movie screens for most of us.