Random Thoughts Thread

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
Stephen
Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Stephen » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 pm

As requested, here's a random thoughts thread.

Speaking of, my wife has to be on a no cow-product based diet for a bit... Why the hell do most of Lay's Potato chips say they may contain milk products? This confused my last night when selecting chips.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:24 pm

LOL, speaking of chips....Jamie got sent to India back in January for her job (that was a rough two weeks)....she was roaming the airport and screaming that she couldn't find any Doirtos for her flights in the airport (they replaced them with the new healthy chips I see at the gym).....so an hour after she gets on the plane I go food shopping....the first thing I see .....SALE....DORITOS.... 2 for $2 (the big bags too)....I laughed.....the next day was the Royal Rumble and my friends were here for it (we do a Royal Rumble pool where we all draw numbers from 1-30, whoever gets the winning number wins the pool...but anyway).....the first friend to walk in.....drops 2 bags of Doritos on my table....how could I not laugh my ass off about that for an hour?? Poor girl!!! I did bring her a tiny bag to the airport when I got her that morning, but I still abuse her about the Dorito-Gate :D

Aset

Post by Aset » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Stephen: I imagine their processing or packing area probably shares space with something that uses dairy in it's process.
Jeannie
Fire and Blood
http://tyrionslanding.com

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:39 pm

That's what I was leaning toward, but still couldn't chance it.

That's a funny doritos story.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:35 pm

I pestered her about it again last night :)

I was waiting for yoga last night and one of the other regulars was in there and we were talking about cardio machines and how I like ones that he hates because of the balance thing....so he asks me when I started playing hockey expecting me to say as a kid....i tell him "I started around 35"....he looks at me weird....kinda pauses....and goes "how old are you anyway??" so I tell him 42, he falls over on his mat and says "I didn't believe you about 35!!"....i love that :)

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:29 pm

That's funny - and great :)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:21 am

Ah the love of looking younger than you are. I'm 34 and we went to the pub.the other night and I got carded. Drinking age in my area of the frosty north is 19. So take it as a compliment. I remember when recently I didn't have my photo ID and I couldn't buy any liquor at the store.

Live long and prosper.

Aset

Post by Aset » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm 45 now & still occasionally get carded
Jeannie
Fire and Blood
http://tyrionslanding.com

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:13 pm

.....so we're all watching Wrestlemania last night, and one of the friend's GF is there and when the Bella twins came out she stops and goes "God I HATE twins!!" the whole room gets a moment of awkward silence and looks at Jamie while I'm busting out laughing at this..... Jamie's sitting right next to her looks and goes "I have six year old twin girls....".....awkward cringe moments like that and the instant backpedal are always funny :)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Lol the awkward back peddle of someone who's offended you is the best part. Seeing them struggle.

Live long and prosper.