Scott's silly customers thread.....

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
Stephen
Re: Scott's silly customers thread.....

Post by Stephen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:34 am

I see nothing wrong with your remote process... I agree - genius.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Fair enough....I was probably being harsh on myself

.....anyway....while I was at Gen Con last week, I had a customer call me saying he needed stuff done, but I told him I was out of town last week a MONTH ago, which of course he forgets.....and he calls me EVERY DAY while I was gone leaving the same voice mail about "his computer is down, his buisiness is on hold, he can't do anything...HELP HELP HELP"....I of course ignored it (and some random angry dude from Phily who was looking for help about some network copier....I'm about 75 miles from Phily and it wasn't on my way home from Indy....and as any sports fan knows....Phily sucks....so the hell with him....heh).....so after 5 days of panic calls, I get to the guy's house yesterday.... walk in.....turn the monitor on and the goddamn computer was FINE....I didn't know wheter to be sad, enraged, or wanna put the old guy out of his misery....well until he tells me he needs a laptop for Long Island and I'm getting $500 to build (already have one ready) to make the 145 mile drive out there to set it up.....guess this story has a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:01 am

Every story can have some sort of pot of gold at the end of it. I am glad to read another tale from the customers. It's been so long since I've had time to come on here and catch up on things. Keep on building those laptops.

I'm in the process of trying to set up both my laptops to work well together. Not a easy task when you don't fully know what the fuck you are doing.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 am

Oh BTW, the 250 mile trip to and fro the house on Long Island took..... TEN HOURS, I literally got from my house to Indianapolis in that amount of time.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Wow 10 hours. Don't envy you there. Wanna drive across the boarder for 12 hours to setup my net work? Just kidding. I'll find a IT guy at campus and buy them booze to get them to do it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:30 pm

LOL, yeah that would take a LOT of booze dude :p

So here's one that just happened, one of my customers got scammed by a fake "anti-virus" app and she stupidly gave them her credit card info and all that crap and all I can think is "oh shit, this is gonna suck"....i get there today and she tells me that she called the credit card company and it turned out the card she had given them was expired and no good anyway, I pulled a Steve Harvey and high fived the woman, that was quite awesome :)

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:07 pm

SERIOUSLY?! Wow, that's amazing.... truly amazing. I'd love to be the company "Why credit card no work?"

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:25 am

the crazy part is they still call her and leave messages....they got balls I'll admit that

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:56 pm

I almost forgot about this goodie....thank the Matrix I had it on Facebook today :D

Soooo, one of my customers is this very much Judge Judy type of charming Lil ol'Jewish lady who just does not have any fucks to give, but I've been coming here forever and we have a bit of a rapport.....so she sits there and she's screaming at me "listen to my voice!!! Can't you tell how upset I am!?!?" (she's stressing about her latest romance novel, yes ladies, your trashy romance novels are written by a cranky old woman in her 80's :p)....i calmly look back at her and go "how would I know, you only ever talk me when you're upset so you always sounds like this to me!" she pats me on the head and goes "your too damn cute, you sure you don't want to move in??"....oi, not really! She can't afford me!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:59 am

I'm sure she'll just bake for you all the time. Maybe she's a witch and will want to fatten you up to eat you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk