Things we have to let go of.

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
TheDoctor80
Things we have to let go of.

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:03 am

In the wake of the the success of movies like Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe studios were buying rights to everything.

Sadly a lot of projects have fallen of the Radar. I grew up in the 80's. I was the target age for all those cartoons toy shows. There have been movies that I got excited to see. Things I wanted to see.

At what point though do we let go of the possibility they will be made. He-Man, Thundercats, and Voltron were the three I was looking forward to.

I've since accepted the likely hood these will get made are slim to none now. Too many directors walking, script rewrites, and countless things have kept them from reaching production.

Even if they get made will they be good. I know Transformers gets shit on a lot. Especially by Wing, but I kinda agree with some of it. There wasn't enough development of the actual transformers. the first one got me from the sound as Operator and Beef have stated. The nostalgia is a hook. It draws you in. I haven't seen the Fourth transformers yet so I can't say how a Shialess one is. the Second well no just no. They really dropped the ball when they showed the balls. The third well it had Nemoy in it. And I still love Optimus being Peter Cullen. So all in all I was a bit disappointed but can enjoy them.

In my spare time I've been reading a lot of Fanfic to get my fix of these shows. Sometimes you find things that are far superior to what I actually watched. This is also do to the stories being mature as the person reading them. We want these movies and shows to come back in some form. Sometimes they do and fail. Sometimes we just ignore them cause they didn't grow with us. We also market them to the next generation. We forget we can't have the type of movie we want to see some of our faves in. We have to know that a studio won't make a movie like the Power Ranger Fan movie that was posted and then taken down. They will ultimately make a movie that makes them money.

Where do we go from here? What things were you looking forward to that has found itself in limbo?

The truth is out there

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: Things we have to let go of.

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:42 am

there's plenty of good transformers comics out there.....and I did describe the battle I had in the theater when Jamie tried to bribe me by paying for the dinner-theater showing of that movie....and my silence didn't even last 20 seconds (she'll never admit it, but she LOVES our banter, she fights laughing when I tirade during wrestling :D )

I have to admit that Amell in TMNT 2 makes that a must-see movie.....hell this whole summer feels blah for movies too though.....

sometimes the best way to enjoy nostalgia is to go back to the original source......

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:29 am

I am guilty of getting upset about my favorite childhood memories being re-done, however, a lot of time they have pulled through. I too admit I like elements of the Transformers movies - and I'm really hoping when I Jurassic World does me well.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:00 pm

I forgot this was about our childhoods being ruined and was gonna say how I have to let go of that awful goalie performance I had in my Championship Game last Saturday.....hah!!!

It's not as much about them being re-done....it's being re-done RIGHT that matters..... case in point is the Star Trek reboots....yes people crap on the plot and more of a push towards action in them, but the CHARACTERS stayed true, Kirk, Spock, McCoy all stayed true to character and that's what made them ok.....if Michael Bay made the movies about the damn robots and not Shia LeBuf trying to get laid it would have been infinitely better....

...bah, I'm still cranky from Saturday....heh

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:00 pm

I agree about the Trek reboot. The Characters were the same. They all did a great job keeping the characters true.

Bay needs to leave Transformers. That is all I can say about that.

The truth is out there

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:27 pm

I guess we find out on July 1 about the Terminator too....

though as long as it's Star Trek style I'll be ok with it (it can easily pull the alternate future storyline schtick too).... I'm just worried about this whole "John Connor is a Terminator" bit I've seen in the commercials....that should have been saved for the movie honestly....but I am looking forward to it still