The Future of the Forum

Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
Starsaber
The Future of the Forum

Post by Starsaber » Sun May 15, 2016 6:58 pm

There isn't much activity in the forum currently. What are people looking for in terms of using the forum?

Do we have too many subforums? Not enough? Just right? I notice that most of the TV show forums only have one thread that is posted in at least semi-regularly so it might make sense to (for example) combine the Flash and Arrow forums into a single DC Television Universe subforum and move the Supergirl and Legends threads from the General TV forum there.

Does anyone have any ideas on what we can do to draw more activity to the forum?
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: The Future of the Forum

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon May 16, 2016 2:50 am

I'm good with that....but I kinda post here more than anyone else....hah

I dunno, message boards are sooo hard to come by now with Twitter and Facebook having groups and interest and stuff too....I just like message board format better myself!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:15 am

I post because I really have no one to talk to in person about the shows. I'll follow whichever format it takes on. I do find it difficult sometimes to get on here as much as I want.

Good Journey

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu May 19, 2016 3:13 pm

Maybe merging Flash, Arrow our LoT and Supergirl threads into a DC-TV-U thread might be good, especially since they interact and all

The Marvel TV shows are a bit weird....since people binge the Netflix shows and I HATE binge-watching I am always behind on them, and Agents of SHIELD has jumped the shark for me and I'm just playing out the string of this season (and sadly Agent Carter was cancelled, ironically the same day I saw her funeral in civil war :p) ....i also don't know and have the "this was my childhood dammit!" passion for Marvel that I do DC

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm okay with a single thread for DC. Since we talk about them a lot.

I "watch" shield in the sense I have it on in the background.

As for other ways to draw traffic we need to get the listeners of casts on the network to visit. I came here because I used to do GWC and when Legends came I followed.

Good Journey

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:24 pm

It is sad to see that this forum isn't more busy. I wish there was a better way to get the name out there. Trouble is with all the instant social media apps no one wants to come to the old formats like this. Face it we're old and out of date. Well sorta. This is a great place to post some things. Plus with all the casts having their own sites no one needs to really come here to comment on a recent episode. Although I do like it here. Forums especially GWC helped me through a heap of bad times. And I miss some of the friends I made there. I tried to keep in contact but sometimes other things get in the way, mainly forgetting who you are. Now that I am with someone that supports the Geek I know I have the freedom and time to take a quick moment or two to come here. I look forward to more conversations and the need to geek out when I can.