Doesn't fit in one of the other categories? Post about it here.
TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:44 pm

With the dawn of the New Year what are some things you are most looking forward to?

Geek wise I'm looking forward to Deadpool 2, Avengers Infinity War, Ant Man and Wasp, Black Panther for movies. I'm sure there will be a few more but well those are the few I can think of off the top of my head.

For TV I'm not too sure since well seasons are going and we will see what happens after the current seasons.

Doctor Who gets it's own topic line because well duh. It's going to be huge.

I also hope to complete my Sonic Screwdriver collection this year. Have a few more to go pending the 13ths.

As for non geek stuff, my wedding is coming in October. So far yet so close. So much planing to do.

I'm also looking forward to finally getting my designation I worked so hard for as a Chartered Insuance Professional. Lots of hard work went into getting to put three letters behind my name. Well technically more since I have my designation to sell insurance. My new job is going well and I'm working for a company I respect now. So I'm looking forward to growing there too.

I want to try and take up some sort of physical hobby. Not sure what yet.

Also my fiance and I are trying to have a child. Something I never thought I would want more of, until I met her.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: 2018

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 pm

I'm looking forward to Gen Con....cause I always do! And my annual hockey draft tournament trip too....things are going well work-wise so I may add a con west of Chicago too to hang with more of the old Raw Deal CCG peeps I still play games with

I'm disappointed that we won't get Aqua-Bro until December...but hey...birthday gift....

I'm still so on the fence about Dr Who....but this is our first regeneration since we started watching that I just didn't hit next on, and with EVERYONE being gone....it's like new show jitters

I'm excited for Black Lightning, though with Supergirl, Legends, Flash, Arrow and even Gotham getting good, that A LOT of DC TV and more so with Titans and Young Justice coming down the pip too...

I can't help with the wedding (aside of congrats!) but one of my friends rented a house for her wedding, super casual and it was just all of us hockey folk bullshitting around drinking and eating and it was the greatest thing like ever! I did like that over the conventional "everyone dress up and pay crazy money for Hall DJ and flowers stuff"

as for the kid...THAT I can say....it will change you....and yeah for the better....it will drain you....they will grate on you (and God help me the Terrors have cell phones now, one of them texts me daily and its gold :) )....but there's nothing in your life will come close to it :)

one of my favorite moments from last year was the Flash episode when "Iris died" and we had to sit on it for a week and they both were crying and screaming at me THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN, THIS IS THE FUTURE, TELL ME THIS IS THE FUTURE and I knew and realized how vested they are in this show and how much it meant to them and it's because I fought with them to watch it and now this is something we might have for the rest of our lives!! Those moments totally outweigh the "I don't wanna eat there....why do I gotta do my homework" stuffs by FAR!!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Having two children already, (Okay teenagers one is 18 the other 14), I know the joys of kids.

I just never thought I would want anymore. But my fiance wants and I want one too with her. At least at this point we have built in babysitters.

I do hope if we have a child I can get them interested in some of my things. My two daughters aren't really into anything I like.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:00 pm

yeah I kinda lucked out that I really got to know these two as their tastes were developing....and being the semi-outside guy anything I like still has a novelty and I can watch just about anything with them.... Smackdown (even old nXt's ....Shay freaked out when she recognized guys from nXt five years ago who she's seen on Smackdown and 205 Live....that was funny!)....Flash....Legends....they even started Arrow now...and not freaking over the violence, the best bet is to be casual about it

....my only miss so far is they didn't like Capaldi.... *sigh*...but I need to try that again with them.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:08 am

Capaldi wasn't everyone's cup of tea. His flare was different. Maybe at an older age they will appreciate the huge arc he went through.

I tried with my kids but it just wasn't meant to be. Things happen. Their mother was the biggest negative input to my hobbies.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 pm

that's the irony, their parents are SO DAMN HAPPY I got them off kids' shows (the Thundermanns..... *cringe* ) that they really don't give a shit what I show them.....part of the fun in it....I'm AMAZED, they're eating up Arrow....at nine years old.......

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm

I'm hoping for me 2018 is a year I can get back on board with seeing some movies in Theater. I hard saw anything (except for Star Wars) last year. Geek TV has me faithfully watching, but it's not exciting me like it was. I really enjoyed ST:D but now that's over.

As for not geek related, I'd like this year to get around to a massive garage purge (has a ton of the kids old stuff in it), and I'd like to get by yard straightened up. Both are a couple years past due.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 pm

It took me till the "big reveals" to get into Discovery....I'm like 3 episodes behind....but I liked that show a LOT better in the Mirror Universe....it fit the tone of the show a LOT better, it's funny....my wanting to shell all that cash out to see movies in the theater is less and less now....I just want the bang for my buck, and movies I'm on the fence about I wait and see in Kodi instead....I'm just glad we have an army of DC hero shows and a streaming channel coming :)

I'm cringing at the fact that in the next 6-18 months I'm going to have to sort and decide "keep or not keep" on stuff in this apartment I've lived 15 years in ....that's a lot of sorting for a move :shock: :shock:

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Well now that people have given praises to discovery I'm going to have to watch it. Currently though I'm watching Breaking Bad which I've never seen fully. Seen some episodes here and there but not the series.

As for keeping and discarding stuff I know how that goes. Thankfully my fiance now is not trying to get me to give up things like my ex did. If it's a space thing that's different. If ya got any things that you might wanna sell I might be interested.

I'm gearing up more and more for my up coming wedding. October is so far yet so close. There is a ton to do still.

Today I'm off to get a tattoo in memory of my mom's birthday. It's a well also a add on to a tattoo with my ex so it kills two stones with one bird.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:20 pm

I don't know if I'd "praise" it....it got better....but that was sure as shit no Star Trek show....the big twist was nicely done though I will admit

and no Jamie's not gonna be "all this shit has to go" (I might own more toys than her kids :lol: :lol: ), it just means choosing a place is gonna be a pain....

two of my hockey friends just rented a house for the weekend (called it a family reunion) had the ceremony there and just said "come over, hang out, have beer and sandwiches and call it a night" .....it was the most perfect and brilliant thing I ever saw....I'd totally do that!!! I'm not a big ceremony kinda person anyway....hah