Star Wars - The Forced Awakens

Just see a movie recently? Rewatch a film? Talk about it here!
apelsinen
Star Wars - The Forced Awakens

Post by apelsinen » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:00 am

Why isn't there a thread about this already?

Speaking for myself, i'm psyched beyond the stars.

But I really want to know how the clones can be diverse, if they're all based on Jango Fett, should'nt they all look like him?

(This makes me think of all the oompa loompas in the latest adoption of Charlie and the chocolate factory).

I have no issues with a black stormtrooper, I'm just curious how it works.

Starsaber

Re: Star Wars - The Forced Awakens

Post by Starsaber » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:15 am

All of the Jango clones would probably be dead by the time of this movie. I'm guessing they moved to conscription after the war (or he could have been wearing the armor as a disguise like Han and Luke did in A New Hope.

And just for completion's sake, here's the trailer

http://youtu.be/erLk59H86ww

Hmm, looks like we can't embed video on this forum (or at least I don't know the tag here).
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:38 am

Yeah this would be a serious new generation of clones....that's assuming anyone outside the Emperor even KNEW about the Clone Process too (he wasn't exactly an open communicator on his plans)...but since Boba is still alive (as long as that EU cannon exists).....you never know

When the trooper with no helmet turned and looked at the camera I swear I thought I was getting Rick Rolled in the trailer :p

I like that this trailer filled my fanboy wants but yet told me NOTHING about the movie....this is a good thing....and it had a Classic Star Ware feel to it!!

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:21 am

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:Yeah this would be a serious new generation of clones....that's assuming anyone outside the Emperor even KNEW about the Clone Process too (he wasn't exactly an open communicator on his plans)...but since Boba is still alive (as long as that EU cannon exists).....you never know

When the trooper with no helmet turned and looked at the camera I swear I thought I was getting Rick Rolled in the trailer :p

I like that this trailer filled my fanboy wants but yet told me NOTHING about the movie....this is a good thing....and it had a Classic Star Ware feel to it!!
Boba's aging wasn't accelerated the way it was for the clones. Even if that didn't have any long-term consequences, I'm guessing their bodies were aged to around the early twenties while he was allowed to age naturally from "birth". While he had a pretty dangerous lifestyle as a bounty hunter, he was able to choose his own jobs rather than be ordered into massive battles. I could see a few Clone Wars era clones being left, but probably not too many and probably not in the best condition.

At least they said they might bring in elements from the EU, so they could say that at least some of the stormtroopers are clones from Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign. And of course, I'm still hoping that Daisy Ridley will be Jaina Solo.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Starsaber wrote:Boba's aging wasn't accelerated the way it was for the clones. Even if that didn't have any long-term consequences, I'm guessing their bodies were aged to around the early twenties while he was allowed to age naturally from "birth". While he had a pretty dangerous lifestyle as a bounty hunter, he was able to choose his own jobs rather than be ordered into massive battles. I could see a few Clone Wars era clones being left, but probably not too many and probably not in the best condition.

At least they said they might bring in elements from the EU, so they could say that at least some of the stormtroopers are clones from Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign. And of course, I'm still hoping that Daisy Ridley will be Jaina Solo.
Yeah I was referring possibly more to the fact that part of the deal of cloning Jango "a son", he had to go back and "donate" more for newer sets of clones....its a bit of a weak answer but it's totally possible, since I'm sure Boba was compensated for his time as always

I can only hope and pray Thrawn is involved....he was such a fascinating villian....bring on the Artwork!