Bats vs Supes, featuring the "Wonder Woman stole the show"..

Just see a movie recently? Rewatch a film? Talk about it here!
Scott the Hockey Guy
Bats vs Supes, featuring the "Wonder Woman stole the show"..

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:38 pm

So anyone else out there see this yet?? I really need some discussion on this.....so torn in so many ways.....

Ben was awesome, but Wonder Woman was the star of this movie....by FAR.... luthor was terrible (and that's generous) and the ending leaves a LOT to be questioned..... cameo's, hints and all other goodness aside, I'm not sure how I feel about this one.....thoughts?

Starsaber

Re: Bats vs Supes, featuring the "Wonder Woman stole the sho

Post by Starsaber » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:03 am

I'm more or less in the same boat, though I didn't mind Lex. No where near in the same league as Michael Rosenbaum, but the movie had 2.5 hours, not 7 years.

I was kind of surprised they had the guts to stick with how it ended. To avoid spoilers since there isn't a spoiler tag on the thread, I was thinking of the rather derided ending of another recent sci-fi sequel.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:24 am

I don't think they had the guts....some dust moving in that ending scene makes me think otherwise....I felt like they tried to merge Luthor and the Joker....and egads it wasn't pretty, probably gonna need to see this again to properly digest it....maybe it will help with all the rushed feelings......

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:39 am

Saw it finally. Yes it's a movie. That happened. I too am lost as what to think fully of this movie.

We knew Superman would die if that was Doomsday. I know why they did it. They need to set up a world where Superman is the icon to aspire to be like. But he can't be there He's too strong of a hero to have just messing around in others movies, because what would be the point of having these other movies when Superman can just come in and stop all the villains that these other Hero's need to stop to grow. The dust floating is a give away that he will be back but not until the threat is epic again like Darkseid.

There were far to many dream sequences. Okay well just the Omega symbol one and the Flash time travel thing.

This movie tried to jam too many plots points setups and fanboy moments in it to get the really good story they needed to achieve the desired effect.

ZACK SNYDER MUST GO!!!! or at least not fucking (pardon my swearing) write a movie for DC again. He can't do it his writing is horrid. when I went there were 6 people including myself in the theater. I hope Suicide Squad makes a good impression. And if Ben is allowed his Batman movie it does well.

The contrast of Batman killing which people complained about was not that big of a deal. I get why they did that too. They were showing that this Batman is jaded and realistic. They kept death going until the end where they crammed the "no civilians will be harmed in the filming of this fight," line sooo many times.

Lex was made to be Joker like, right even down to his theme music. I again understand the reasoning behind this. They needed someone who was a villain to both Superman and Batman. Plus the Joker is being used in Suicide Squad where we need to see that version of the Joker before we decided if it works or not.

The whole political crap could have been shortened to a minimum. That was too drawn out. I get it too Civil War is coming which touches on the same sort of idea of control of the worlds super powered beings. Speaking of which chatter is out there of the term metahuman and how this is being used in the movies now that the Flash has established this. Well DC established that in the comics a long time ago.

I'm really starting to thing us (and I include myself in this statement), fanboys/girls are being pandered to a little too much. The well is drying and the studios see this so they toss us every little nugget for setups, cameos, squeee moments, and plot lines that they forget to tell the story the need to tell.

I will admit as a product of the 80's I grew up on the Crisis saga. I saw Barry sacrifice, who was always my hero. I lived through the 90's Death of Superman, a story line designed to boost sales in the floundering comic market. I will admit it hit home. I currently read the novelization of this arc often. When Superman in the movie sacrificed himself I got it. I know why I felt it. It stung a bit, but it wasn't nearly as powerful as it could have been.

Now the good parts, sorry about the rant, (dang Canadian in me has to apologize). Wonder Woman killed it in just the few moments she was on screen. But like Wing and Beef, I agree the movie would have been the same with out her, until her saving Bruce.

Batfleck had it going on like Donkey Kong. The way he carried himself as both the Bat and Bruce worked lovely. I felt his commitment to the role. I only pray his solo will go as good. Which I wonder if it will be a prequel to show how Stately Wayne Manor got destroyed. Which Robin died because Zack doesn't know because he has no overall vision really.

At the end of it all I sat there in a theater of 5 other people and just watched this with no expectations after all the press I've seen. I waited to listen to the Legends cast about it till after. I avoided anything related to the movie since it premiered so I would go in not knowing a thing. I enjoyed aspects of it. I hated parts. I can see where Zack took things from other places and used it for this movie and where he created his own parts. I was not blown away, yet I was not fully crushed by how horrible it was. I debate the future of the DC movie universe and if it can be saved. They looked at the Nolan trilogy and said we need to up the stakes and they did. If they did it right or not we shall see.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun May 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Totally, the Cavill Superman hasn't been developed enough to really get that feel of true sacrifice (plus why not have Wonder Woman use the spear of DOOM....I also thought it was stupid that he stuck it so far through him that the Kryptonite came out the other side.....wouldn't that lessen the effect??)

I think I'd have hated this movie if it wasn't for Wonder Woman being all smart and useful and the one hero with an actual clue that something bigger was going on

Snyder lost me when he crapped all over Grant Gustin's Flash....shows me this moron doesn't get what Barry is supposed to be and we're gonna get some dopey-Quicksilver Light from him :p

And yeah Meta-human was the DC answer to the whole mutant thing....there's a meta-gene too that enables said powers under the circumstances of their origins

this movie shoulda been two parts....the build-up/aftermath of the Metropolis incident....the seeds being set....and then six months later the part 2 with the conflict ensuing, maybe that would have helped it

I'm hoping a good FUN Suicide Squad movie can show them how it's DONE.....

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:37 am

interesting.....looks like Snyder is trying to return the middle finger....but in essence sounds like half the plot was left on the editing room floor:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ion-899053

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Isn't that always the case. There is too much left of the editing floor. So maybe cramming too much in doesn't work huh.

Good Journey

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Well....yeah..... DC's foolish rush and blind charge to "try to catch up to Marvel" (which was eight levels of stupid) bit them in the ass in this movie as much as having the wrong guy doing it.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:13 pm

So it's on Blu-ray now. Haven't gotten it yet. But soon. Gonna give it some love not much just some.

Good Journey

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:00 am

I'm watching the extended one now.....so Luthor is ALEX Luthor (who I only thought existed in Earth-3 .....interesting)....it lessens my hate for the character for sure.....more in two hours I suppose :D