Arrow - Season 3 Premiere (Spoilers inside)

Talk about The CW's Arrow!
Stephen
Arrow - Season 3 Premiere (Spoilers inside)

Post by Stephen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Although I enjoyed the Flash better this week - the first episode was great - they've done a great job of opening the new chapter in Arrow and not getting stuck in the same past. With that said, the biggest reason I thought that The Flash was better was because there was far too much CW romance in this episode. I kept thinking to myself that if someone like my inlaws who have never watched Arrow before but are watching the Flash were to watch this week's episode, they probably would end up turning it off for the teen-romance feel. Now with that said, I actually think they may have done this to get out of the way the Olicity cliff-hanger that they had at the end of last season so they don't have to keep bringing it up.

I'm really happy with the foundation laid for the next chapter in Arrow.

Jay

Re: Arrow - Season 3 Premiere (Spoilers inside)

Post by Jay » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm saving most of my thoughts for Starling Tribune, but I was very pleased with this. It was a great start. The romance aspect did bother me, but they redeemed themselves with Felicity walking away. Granted that seemed like setting, the stage for tension down the road, but it's done for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:01 pm

While I liked the premiere of the Flash better than the season premiere of Arrow, Arrow DESTROYED The Flash this week. This week it was so emotional yet still action filled... and the flash back! That was awesome!!!! Except wasn't that a different actor?

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:44 am

Stephen wrote:While I liked the premiere of the Flash better than the season premiere of Arrow, Arrow DESTROYED The Flash this week. This week it was so emotional yet still action filled... and the flash back! That was awesome!!!! Except wasn't that a different actor?
The guy playing the Flash??? He's the same dude from the original Arrow mentions....since I was in catch-up mode for season two I was aware of a LOT more than I might have been seeing it go as it did...

Yeah I don't like the Ollie/Felcity/Ray storyline.....it feels too Dawson's Creek and this show didn't need it.... Cupid was hysterical and I am enjoying the slow burn on the Atom here, much like Flash is doing with Firestorm!

And I totally geeked out when I saw Katana in the Flashback scenes with Oliver in Hong Kong....another obscure DC-U character I'm glad to see around (I LOVED the Outsiders!!!)

BRING ON THE CROSSOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:27 am

....soooo....anyone wanna talk MID-SEASON FINALE???

Dang......

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Listening to your podcast now, I actually had a similar conversation with my GF you guys had about Laurel's mom (and yeah I still call her River Song....I heard the slip too :) )

Me: "Oh CMOOONNNN, there's no way she was able to know that Sara's dead like that"
Jamie: "I do the same thing to my daughters all the time....it's VERY true"
Me: "How come my mom's never done that with me then??"
Jamie: "Well we both know your mom's kinda clueless" (she is....lonnnggg story, but it fits in the funny context here, just go with it!)

Then by the end of the episode I had to stop the sulking by trying to explain the Lazurus Pit to someone who's never read a DC comic book in her life....oi (she's more used to me doing a running play by play when we watch the Flash)

And on the topic of cross-show promotion.....did we REALLY need both Flash and Arrow "admitting their love" in the same episode.....I groaned when Oliver did it (I'm more OK with his reveal with the circumstance....but geesh, did we really need Barry's then?)