Season 5!

Talk about The CW's Arrow!
TheDoctor80
Re: Season 5!

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Yeah it was standard. Basic prison break. Ragman getting over his issues.

It did set some stuff up. Will be interesting to see the pay offs

Good Journey

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:35 pm

Yeah I know....just all the CW shows have been SOOOOO GOOD this year....it's disappointing when one has a stinker....especially the one with a track record of not being as good as the others as Arrow was the last two seasons.... speaking of....damn LoT has found its groove!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:24 am

LoT for sure is grooving.

Yeah Arrow having a stinker was the pits but it had to happen at some point. I think the keys we have to take are the setups and fact that the DC people have seen the mistakes and allowed the TV universe to have some characters back

Good Journey

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:35 pm

Arrow was much better this week....bringing Diggle back was not only needed but it's helping Wild Dog fit in better....and it was nice to see Felicity be the one burned by keeping things secret (anything that makes it CLEAR that those two will never hook up again until that show goes off the air permanently is fine by me)

and Human Target....DAMMMNNN.....nice to see the Flashbacks interwine much quicker too

oh and I forgot....interesting side note....in the comics Alchemy and Prometheus (who I shall forever call ZOOM Arrow) used to work together....wonder if that will carry over on the TV shows......

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:01 pm

I did miss Dig him coming back yeah he rocked. Having Spartan back on the field being his bad assself was worth seeing the ohh I can't do this anymore Diggle. Yes Diggle will help Wild Dog fit in. He will need a mentor like Dig who has also had military service.

Felicity yes she got the burn it was grand. I like her again especially not with Oliver. They should never date again, despite they think a like.

The Human Target was something good, a unique addition to the universe. He's an interesting character they can play with.

Not much into the wanna be Canary yet she falls flat for me. Ragman well eh way to keep the mystic aspect in the show. Possible setup for Blue Bettle with the Egypt connection.

Yeah those two did work together in the comics so it will be a tie-in for the two. Prometheus is only there due to Barry being selfish.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:20 pm

I think the young lady is more suited to be Artemis than Canary and it's the direction I think they're going with her....Ragman was the guy they needed to keep up with the power-creep in the expanding DC TV-U....Oliver's new team doesn't have the mix that his past ones do....they feel more thrown together than the cohesive unit, but I guess that makes sense since they are still strangers to each other....the only way Oliver and Felicity should get together is in the very last frame of the very last episode (kinda like they did at the end of Season Three....to me that felt like the visual you end the show on and Oliver retires happily into the sunset and we don't have to actually see it :D )

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:11 am

Well this show has had a lot of up and down. It's getting better though again.

Diggle getting cabin fever and Wild Dog helping.

The whole Prometheus arc is getting more complex. Thea suiting up again.

It's really growing on me again. I'm liking it more and more.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Yeah this soft reboot and getting the show back to its roots was HUGE and saved the show

(FYI, all four shows have been renewed already!)

....I think it was also humbling for Oliver to see all these super-powered people and he's standing there with his bow and arrow thinking "WHAT THE HELL GOOD IS THIS GONNA DO AGAINST ALIENS?!?!?!) ....and then he got all grumpy on Kara :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:26 am

Oliver grumpy no they did that.... Yeah he felt out of place but he's a good tactician and moral support to Barry. He is out of place but he does hold his own.

Love that Diggle still pukes when ran by Barry. Although feel sorry for the poor bastard on the street.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:56 pm

the 100th episode was a nice way to mix in the 'member berries and the current storyline...it had to suck if you hadn't watched old Arrow to sit through it...but man it was great fanboy surface....just wish we coulda seen Manu in the ol'Deathstroke outfit again....

I wanted to see Dig totally flip out about Kara....or when he eventually meets J'onn (who Kara shoulda brought with FYI)