The Flash - Episode 1 (Spoilers Inside)

For everything related to The CW's The Flash.
Stephen
The Flash - Episode 1 (Spoilers Inside)

Post by Stephen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:14 pm

Now that it's officially out - what did everyone think? I'll be honest, Arrow is my favorite show to watch each week - but I think The Flash won in the premiere department this week.... now I think that is partially intentional to help give the new series a bump.

I loved the Arrow cameo (even though we all know about it). I think they set a good foundation of characters too and some back story that can be explored. I'm also happy that the show so far feels a different tone than Arrow - I hope it stays that way too :)

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: The Flash - Episode 1 (Spoilers Inside)

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:51 pm

I LOVED the Easter Eggs....the Grodd license plate....the setting in motion the Flashpoint mentions and Prof Zoom, even laying down his name "Eddy Thane" as one of the cops....Iris friend zoneing him kinda irked me but I'll let that go, the speed tests on a Ferris Aircraft field (GL, Flash and GA were always close and intertwined in the comics too)....this was geek boy's paradise watching that first episode for me :)

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:54 am

What did you guys think about the last scene? A common theory I've seen is that Wells is Zoom, but I don't really like that idea. My theory is that he came back in time to try and change things so that Barry survives the Crisis.

That's not to say he's a good guy. He could have intentionally caused the particle accelerator to fail the way it did to make sure that Barry got struck by the lightning to become Flash.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:40 am

Eddie Thawne SHOULD be the R-Flash, though it's weird seeing him in present time....I guess it's possible he was affected by the meta-bang and maybe doesn't realize it, and I can see a jealousy storyline when Barry inevitably ends up with Iris (in the comics Thawne does kill Iris, in all ironies setting up Flash for a murder trial, right before he was canceled and killed in the Crisis on Infinite Earths) ......is it possible that Wells is some older version of Thawne? The original Thawne WAS obsessed with Flash to the point he became his super speed stalker ...one way or another Wells is clearly from the future....