The Man in the Yellow Suit

For everything related to The CW's The Flash.
Starsaber
Re: The Man in the Yellow Suit

Post by Starsaber » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:one extra thing that bugged us watching it again tonight....how the hell did Barry get that pic developed without being in fear of someone seeing him in the Flash suit? Talk about a stupid and foolish risk over a super-speed selfie....I hope that comes up again in the future....plus where the hell is he gonna hang it? It kinda breaks that whole "protect the identity" thing doesn't it? Or are we agonizing over a silly point?
It was taken on a phone, so he could probably just connect it to a computer and print it on a nice printer at home. I still think it's somewhat of a dumb move, but not as bad as it could be.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:40 pm

That's true, and it was before Piper hacked the system (even watching again, he was just brilliant and I hope we see a lot more of him), so who knows....I get the feeling we will see that pic again and it will be an issue to be dealt with.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Hopefully Barry didn't upload it to the cloud.

I can see the Piper coming back many times. In the comics he does eventually become a good guy, then a bad guy again. I'd love to see him come back with improvements to his equipment. I guess the gay thing was better off just accepted then made a big deal of. The red leather line was brilliant indeed. And for sure he looked frightening. I'm surprised Cisco did 't say Sith looking lol..

Hopefully bringing in Firestorm which I'll give a shot at liking (I've since accepted it but I feel its too soon). I hope that this give Dr. Snow's actor a chance to grow as a actor. I really want to like all the cast of this show.. She just isn't up to par yet. Although the melodrama mode could still be attributed to her being a lost girl.

The Joe and Barry moments for me make the show a lot. I totally get the whole dad I didn't have thing too. I am also waiting for the Iris to stumble on something Barry had done at super speed in everyday life. The development between Iris and Barry keeps growing.

It will be good to see Iris Just take the cub role and make it hers. Do things her way and prove she is just as good. I'm sure that her mentor will be impressed by her again. There is so much potential there. Let her grow and be an equally good character.

Wells injury angle is going to play out interesting. How he can't always walk. It could because his connection to the speed force was semi severed. It takes its toll on his body.

We need more this having to wait a week is killer. I want to know what happens now.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Piper's been my favorite villian so far....and the way they created and imaged him, he totally has that Joker to Barry's Batman build to him.....smart enough to think faster than Barry, motivated enough by being jilted by Wells, his disowned family's wealth, he's become a fascinating anti-Barry so far

Yeah Catylin just can't act....it's kinda painful....she needs Felicity lessons!!!! I don't think Firestorm can help but I love how they seem to be doing him right too.....so far...

I'm glad its not just me and the Joe/Barry stuff is genuine.....not to make a sob story, but as someone who has no relationship with his male parental creator, I can totally get what Barry went through and how fortunate he was to have Joe there....

I'm wondering what made Wells like he is, and why the accelerator was made in an attempt to fix himself (which explains why he didn't care about the harmful side-effects from it and the danger to others)

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote: I'm wondering what made Wells like he is, and why the accelerator was made in an attempt to fix himself (which explains why he didn't care about the harmful side-effects from it and the danger to others)
I'm guessing he came back from some point in the future already having his powers (perhaps the time travel or something related to it destabilized them) and didn't care about the danger from the particle accelerator because his goal was to make sure Barry became The Flash.

TheDoctor80

The Man in the Yellow Suit

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Starsaber wrote:
Scott the Hockey Guy wrote: I'm wondering what made Wells like he is, and why the accelerator was made in an attempt to fix himself (which explains why he didn't care about the harmful side-effects from it and the danger to others)
I'm guessing he came back from some point in the future already having his powers (perhaps the time travel or something related to it destabilized them) and didn't care about the danger from the particle accelerator because his goal was to make sure Barry became The Flash.
That is a good theory. He didn't care that others could be hurt. Barry is his obsession. If he is from the future and if there was no Barry/Flash then there would be no Reverse Flash. In the comics Eobard was so obsessed with Barry he went to great lengths to try and recreate the accident that made Barry the Flash. He even got surgery to look like Barry. That's what happens when you work as a sanitation worker in the Flash museum. I have a comic where he stole Barry's suit and tried
to convince everyone he was Barry.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. Can't wait to see which villain is next.

Everybody be cool. You be cool.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Well if he truly is from the future he would also know what became of Ronnie and all the others (at least the ones who were positively affected by the accelerator) and Wells is certainly an "end justifies the means" kinda guy

I'm wondering if a combination of the two isn't true, "hey it got Barry into the speed force...maybe it can get me back into it also"

and to go with Piper's comments....what does Wells do with Barry once he gets what he wants.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:03 am

Maybe he did know what was going to happen and maybe he didn't with the accelerator. It might not have been a fixed point in time. The outcome could have been different with him there. But that is a different paradox all together.

Wells using the accident to get back into the speed force could be true. Or it could be Barry's blood he wanted for that. We shall see. He for sure is playing everyone. I predict by the end of season 1 Barry and Wells won't be working together. I'm

I'm willing to wait and see what becomes of Ronnie. Firestorm is underrated as a character. Bringing some of the lesser known characters could work on the Flash.

Please just get Catylin's actress some lessons. If she is going to be instrumental to the story she needs to step up. She'll for sure never be Felicity level but she has potential to grow.

Everybody be cool. You be cool.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:51 pm

I don't think "fixed points" work in the DC-U ;)
Wells does still have access to future knowledge....remember the "Crisis" newspaper from 2025

the problem with a Barry/Wells split is Wells kinda IS STAR Labs....least in Central City....that could get messy....messy plots seem more Arrow's MO ...heh

LOL....so I wanted to show my GF this thread and all she did was look at Doc's avatar and she said "I'm photoshopping your pic in there instead!!"....ahhh she knows me well!!

Yeah both Flash and Arrow are bringing in lesser DC-U people which I love (wish Agents of SHIELD would have done this but that's another debate)

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote:I don't think "fixed points" work in the DC-U ;)
Wells does still have access to future knowledge....remember the "Crisis" newspaper from 2025
They have something similar at least. There was an issue of Booster Gold where he went back in time to keep Barbara Gordon from being paralyzed by The Joker, only to find out it was a "solidified" moment in time.