The Man in the Yellow Suit

For everything related to The CW's The Flash.
Starsaber
Re: The Man in the Yellow Suit

Post by Starsaber » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:34 pm

I'm one of those hold outs on the GWC forum, but I think I'll be done once the Stargate rewatch ends.

When they announced John Wesley Shipp, I thought he could end up being Jay Garrick, but him being Barry's dad works just as well as a passing the torch thing.

I agree about not wanting Wells to be Reverse Flash, but everything I've heard makes it sound like that's the direction they're going.

And in my case, it's that I can't wait until Wednesday, since I have a schedule conflict and have to wait for it to be on iTunes. :(
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Its just as nice to see a jump in activity in here too....I swear for a month I was talking to myself :o

I can't see EVERYTHING in the Flash being that straight forward....unless Wells somehow ends up getting Eddie his powers and training him (or the yellow suit IS the source of the powers somehow) and Wells is just here to make sure time happens "as its supposed to happen"....I'm sure Eddie down the road is heading down the jilted lover path (it still annoyed me that Oliver and Barry opened their can of worms to their women in the same week....in Oliver's case it WAS a touch more pressing though)

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Well now you have me. Although I could just be a figment of your imagination from boredom. Like Tyler From Fight Club.

No the Flash is twisty in the writing. I doubt John will play the Jay Gerrick role. If you know the comics Barry used to read comics about the Earth 2 Flash who was Gerrick. Then due to a mishap on the Cosmic treadmill (which no one has noticed is in the show) Barry went to Earth 2 and met Jay.

I can see both Well as professor zoom and Eddie as actually the apprentice Reverse Flash. But we shall see. I give Eddie and Iris till the end of the season. Where Iris better know Barry is the Flash. I agree both confessions were a bit much in one week. I think Oliver's was more selfish. Like hey I'm going off to battle I might die but hold out for me. Plus it's motivation for Felicity to go look for him. So I think he did it for that and out of some jealousy. When he gets back he better not use the like a sister I mean line.

I haven't updated on GWC in ages. It's hard now that the show is gone. I hope to retain some friends I found there but that is a struggle as well. I've been through a lot of bad and it had to take a backseat.

Stay frosty.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:39 am

Well if you are a figment of my imagination....the one good thing about talking to myself is I WILL never ignore me :)

I hope so, I want some twists and turns arounf the corner and I'm glad it's not as messy....for lack of a better word.....as Arrow gets

I don't know if I'd say "selfish" its more like those scenes in a movie where they go "aw shit we're all gonna die, lemme say what I'm thinking".....if anything Barry felt more selfish and emotionally motivated....if you cared about the girl THIS long....you'd think there'd be some "well at least she's happy with this guy"....not like they showed Eddie to be a dick....yet....on the show....

Yeah that whole gorup did disperse....I missed our movie nights in the city once a month....but now I just do them with Jamie (though she'll NEVER take me to a Transformer "movie" again....I told her I was gonna rage on it....and my God I did!!!)

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:01 pm

....so now that the episode aired ....we go quiet???

Anyone else notice the "Wonder Twins moment" with Barry and Iris at the end?? I laughed soooo hard at that :D

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:32 pm

I just had a thought. If/when Caitlin gets her Killer Frost powers, Cisco is definitely going to make some kind of Frozen reference.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Starsaber wrote:I just had a thought. If/when Caitlin gets her Killer Frost powers, Cisco is definitely going to make some kind of Frozen reference.
Damn that almost made me fall off my chair.....not good when I'm still working :D

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:41 am

Sadly I just got caught up on the episodes. Thing have been hectic with my thumb and life.

Loved the wonder twins little nod. Super friends all the way.

Mic was totally insane. Way messed up. The fire and ice couldn't have been played by anyone else. Those two always have chemistry on screen.
I can't wait to see who broke them out. Elsa I presume.

The training at the start with the drones was sweet. I'm guessing it was at Ferris airfield again.

Now that the Flash has been
brought into the limelight it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The public knows. People will ask more. The museum will get built.

What was up with Eddie saving Barry. Do you think it was to honestly stop the destruction from spreading, or something else. I think he had other motives.

I like seeing Barry use his powers for everyday things. Who wouldn't want to do chores at super speed?

The Iris moving out and Barry moving in was expected. The beer at the end very fitting. Like father and son kinda moment.

Now for the Pied Piper. Um so the whole thing with him being gay was glazed over super fast. The outfit was interesting. I like the gloves. But the green glowy lights a bit outdated. Got a first contact Borg vibe.

Seeing Wells get home and walk was good. Then seeing him use the speed momentarily was supposed to be a defining moment. I'm still not sold on him being the only Reverse Flash. The way he crumbled trying to use the speed again suggests there is more to his story. Seeing him try and restore his speed force makes me wonder if that wasn't the plan with the reactor too.

Poor Cisco. Didn't get to make the nickname. To top it off he gets blasted by debris from a door designed to withstand blasts. How is he not dead, or more injured.

I liked the Joe/Barry moments. Especially in the lab shattering the glass. They work well together. Joe seems like Barry's touchstone.

Poor Iris hired on because of her blog only. Then being treated like crap. It was nice of Wells to throw her a bone. I want her to be a strong lead. Not just have her as detective pretty boys girl who needs saving by the men in her life. She has potential to be a good journalist.

Now for my rant. I'm sick of the Firestorm crap. To me it's much too soon for other players to be coming in. It's unnecessary. Just give me more Flash.

Stay frosty.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:51 pm

I'm ok with the Firestorm angle, he's being done right (least in the character aspect), and he's less annoying then his fiancee is....that girl only knows one way to act and that's in full melodrama mode....she's no Felicity! As for Piper being gay and it getting brushed over, I'm VERY much ok with that....it's how BSG treated it....and the less of a big deal you make about it....the more it shows its accepted in society (plus you got the red leather line which was hilarity).....I LOVED how they brought Piper in....made a kinda sillyish Flash villian look damned frightening....just remember only CISCO gives out the damn names around here!

Joe and Barry are awesome together.....I totally get the "dad I was never able to have" thing....probably because I lived that, but either way it's great....I loved the "moving back in scene"...I keep waiting for Barry to clean up something super-fast, and Iris to walk back in with a "WTF happened" look....it would be priceless!!!

I'm actually kinda glad that Iris is having to earn her keep with the newspaper....journalists do look at bloggers with that kinda hate and professional dislike....I'd assume even more so since she's only there because Flash is the flavor of the month in the media

I think Eddie saved Barry simply becuase he realized "only Flash can stop these guys, and I need to help him do this"

Casting on this show has been pretty awesome....well aside of Dr Snow, I can't wait to see Mark Hammill back at it again too!!!

There is certainly more to Wells than meets the eye, was very intrigued to see more of this injury angle....speaking of...his house looked like the one they used in Caprica....Jesus what a place :o

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:01 am

one extra thing that bugged us watching it again tonight....how the hell did Barry get that pic developed without being in fear of someone seeing him in the Flash suit? Talk about a stupid and foolish risk over a super-speed selfie....I hope that comes up again in the future....plus where the hell is he gonna hang it? It kinda breaks that whole "protect the identity" thing doesn't it? Or are we agonizing over a silly point?