Season 2!

For everything related to The CW's The Flash.
Scott the Hockey Guy
Season 2!

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Well it has begun!! Not a bad start, I was a bit surprised they didn't jump right back in with the wormhole.....but the jumping ahead made sense (aside of annoying me because we had to wait ten more minutes), I loved Edge as the Atom Smasher (and the interactions between Cisco and Prof Stein were golden.....and a nice way to write out Robbie Amell....and I guess firestorm.....for now)....the intro of ZOOM, Jay Garrick ending the show....looks like they're out the blocks running again

...interesting story line with Wells confessing for Barry, giving him STAR Labs and his dad finally being out of jail....that's gonna lead somewhere too....wonder if dad's gonna get to taste the speed force too, I'm just glad there's not a letdown to start the season!

TheDoctor80

Re: Season 2!

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:05 pm

I actually really loved that they didn't start with the Singularity. To see that these people have this loss and have to keep going. Then bringing the family back. That these people are meant to be together.

Cisco hugging Stine after the naming was comical. And the low five with Iris. They all have great chemistry.

Now I have a theory. Way out there. Now that Barry owns Star Labs could we see a Dr McGee appearance there as a nod to the 90s again?

Now let's touch on the meat of it. ZOOM. Holly fuck Barry is gonna shit his pants seeing another man in yellow. I can forsee it being a big deal for a few seasons that he can't ever get rid of his counter part.

Jay Gerrick, the original scarlet speedster. My second favorite Flash (Barry being the first). He was a bit younger than I thought he'd be. Or was it just me?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:12 pm

The original reason I thought Wells was Jay Garrick was because he was about the age I expected him to be, but i'll allow some license based on actor availability (Barry not being blonde, the West's being black and so on)

There's also an odd chance that something timey-whimey happened with Thawne and he's not gone for good (his killing of Wells and Nora Allen still happened too mind you, if he "never existed" he was never there to kill those two people)

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:13 pm

TheDoctor80 wrote: Now I have a theory. Way out there. Now that Barry owns Star Labs could we see a Dr McGee appearance there as a nod to the 90s again?
Well, Caitlin is/was working for Dr. McGee at Mercury Labs. We'll probably see her 2-3 times this season like we did last season.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 am

I know we'll probably see her a few times but I want her at Star Labs working just to really make it fun. Also if they could have her team up with Henry that would be so awesome.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:06 pm

That would be an epic old school nod to the original show!!

I don't know....I just have this feeling something bad is gonna happen to Henry this season....maybe that's based on the Arrow premiere....but that's for a different thread....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:20 pm

So Barry can throw lightning. Gosh I am not sure how I feel about Barry killing or is Sand Demon dead? But wow what an episode Jay in the uniform was amazing. They nailed that one well.

Cisco using his power and being called out on it by Victor was great. Glad to see they are slowly developing that.

The new rookie wanting on the squad for meta humans because of a vendetta is the only part I don't like. It's been done so many times.

And Wells alive and well in a different time line. Oh tingles.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:06 pm

oh yeah, I rewound the Wells scene like FIFTY times.....I need more of that!!!

This is two villians Barry has killed now since he killed Edge-Smasher too....not sure I liked that....or him tossing lightning bolts....I'd have rather see him do the "make a tornado with his hands thing and make the Sand dissipate" type of approach

she is a character in Flash-Lore....I liked the backstory at least......not to mention nice we get to see Iris' mother.....and I keep wondering if Iris is getting a half-brother named Wally introduced in her life now.....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:35 pm

I know he killed Atom Smasher but I still don't know if he should have killed Sand Demon. If he had just done the tornado whirlwind thing Sandy could have returned. I guess this is Barry's first time putting on the big gloves.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:14 am

Hopefully this is something they go back to....or it adds some tension with Jay since Barry never needed to kill anyone till he came around..... tomorrow seems SO FAR AWAY