Season 2 Predictions (Possible Spoilers)

Talk about ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Bast_theNemean
Season 2 Predictions (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Bast_theNemean » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:56 am

Okay, so I know there are only 4 episodes or so left (and there is already a pretty dead prediction thread), but there are so many thoughts on what will happen that were shared out in the community I felt the need to make this place to collect them. Between Theta Protocol, 'real' SHIELD, the potential spin-off, the future of the inhumans, and the questions about who can be trusted I know there is plenty of speculations out there:

Now things we know will happen:
  • - Skye will return to the team.
    - Coulson's actions will be validated and everyone will learn he was right.
    - May will always be loyal to Coulson.
These are things that are permanent like the rotation of planets around the sun, so long as there is a Sun I assume there are planets they will continue to rotate around it.
So what can we predict, where the Theta protocol is up there:

We know it involves,
  • - An endgame scenario, since Coulson spoke of it with Koenig about implementing it should they not return from Puerto Rico.
  • - It involves bunk beds, at least a 100 of them.
  • - It involves several hidden bunkers.
  • - There is more money being funneled into this project than the whole of Coulson's SHIELD budgets.
  • - He used shell company to hide the money trail.
  • - It involves the counseling work of Dr. Andrew Garner.
Now this could mean anything, but the Protocol isn't about calling in the Avengers, or putting people in safe places during disasters since the recently release synopsis for the episode titled "Scars" indicates that none of this was implemented during Age of Ultron. I'm not sure if that is a 100% true or if the protocol just wasn't ready at that time, so I could be wrong. There are also growing indication that he kept both Jemma Simmons and Leopold Fitz from the knowledge that what they were making in the lab were upgrades for Deathlok because it was tied to Theta Protocol. Thoughts?

Scott the Hockey Guy

Re: Season 2 Predictions (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm just hoping this show picks up the pace....to be honest I've become VERY disappointed with this show....maybe it's because I know nothing about the Marvel Universe and it feels like this show spins its wheels for half the season and then cranks it up when the next Marvel movie comes out.....its a bit frustrating from the outsider's POV, but it's not as disappointing as say Helix Season 2 is......

Bast_theNemean

Post by Bast_theNemean » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:42 am

I understand the feeling as I'm a non-comic book read as well. After this latest episode, I've begun to accept that the feeling settling in disappointment. I was filled with anticipation, eager to see real character building and internal struggle in the latest episode. Especially considering all the build up to it and then the reveal was just so...off hand and dismissive like they were glad they could finally shed a stupid plot device. It made all the drama, concern, and worries of the previous episodes feel kinda petty and foolish, when at the time they felt perfectly valid.

Upsetting. I predict the season will merely have the team reform after Coulson clears up all the mysteries and lies. Then we'll move along with either a Civil War esque storyline or something to do with the more magical aspects of the MCU that will be coming up.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 am

I still have been really enjoying it, but I will admit this week's episode had a couple unusual left turns that made me feel like there were points written just for the movie.

With that said, I really liked the end dialogue of Coulson talking the toolbox etc, I just love his smugness.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri May 01, 2015 1:37 pm

I think this week's episode made me realize what I was missing and not liking about this show.....and what went wrong with it.....the whole damn thing spiraled badly when Ward turned and left SHIELD.....what was making this show good....and fun....least to me....the chemistry within the team and turning Ward for effect with the Hydra reveal and all ....it just blew up the chemistry on the team and I don't think it's ever recovered....even when the team was listing the reasons they wanted to kill him for I was like... "damn I missed all these guys being a team"....and it kinda sucks we won't get that back

I was expecting a Nick Fury cameo to tie-in with that lil movie coming out this weekend.....it's a bit of a bother that it seems like whatever happens in said movie I will see on Saturday night in the comfy seat in my picture doesn't look like it will carry over to the show....that must be hell to coordinate.....makes me glad the DC TV-U is in a different universe than the movies.....God Bless the Multiverse :)

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Wed May 13, 2015 3:06 am

Wow, that finale. There's a lot I could say about it, but I think Cap would have something to say about most of my reactions.

Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun May 24, 2015 9:18 pm

It was a good finale....it just aggrivates me that this show is such a hit or miss on a weekly basis....when it's good its awesome....when it's bad it's slow prodding and I feel like I did about Helix season two when I just stopped caring, I do like the hints of Civil War on the TV show too now with Colson swearing to keep the meta-humans (screw it I'm crossing over since it was the best way to explain them last night too), I'd like to see next season be a driving force behind the next set of movies rather than handcuffed and shackled to what the movies want to do.....just my hopes and aspirations.....

uubergeek

Post by uubergeek » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Can't wait for tonight's season 3 premier!!!

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:57 pm

It's been weird to me how this season seems to be paralleling the reboot of Heroes, people hunting down the powered folks, secret gov't crap, good guy heroes trying to save the day with Colson and Noah Bennett being the same kinda guy, but this could be just me since I don't know a thing about Marvel and I'm sure this is laying some ground for the Civil War and the registration act.....