How excited is everyone?

For all things related to Fox's Gotham TV show.
Scott the Hockey Guy
Re: How excited is everyone?

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Episode 2 was a MILLION times better than one, I'll agree....and I liked the emphasis...make that spotlight....on Selina and her childhood

funny to me, so far the character I care LEAST about.....emo, raging Bruce Wayne...

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:26 am

Episode 2 was better but it still won't be high on my play back.. Not giving up yet, but that's mostly because agents showed me last year how much time some shows need to get good.

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Aset wrote:Let me start by saying, other than the basic brushstrokes of Batman's origins, I know next to nothing about the rest of the universe. I also enjoy procedurals.

That said, I think it has potential. It is by no means perfect, but pilots rarely are. In fact the first 6 episodes of anything are rarely what a show ends up being. I think this has some serious potential. I'm interested enough to continue watching for now. I do wish they had made the Wayne's moreobviously integral to the running of the city. As usual, they are rich people with some vague connection so some vague foundation that as far as any outsider can tell, does....something. Give them some weight, add some meat to an origin story that has been done to DEATH.
Yeah, it would have been interesting if the Waynes had been involved in the first half of the season, then been killed at the end of the mid-season finale.
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:47 am

Yea I agree. It's really a shame that they started with the back story that we all knew. Would have been good to see some Pre dead parents Bruce.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:20 pm

I did love the "Arkham Project".....though I still think young Bruce is wayyyy too Batman-ish right now....and way too smart and detective-ish.....he's frakking ten years old and has ZERO training and he's acting like he's the damned Batman....already.....I get natural gifts and stuff....but its a REACH....

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:01 pm

I now only have the last 2 waiting to be watched and it has got quite a bit better than the premiere. I still think they're having the Agents of Shield problem where they're finding their footing.

I agree about Bruce Wayne - it's very unlike the history we've known for decades but I suppose we'd think it was a waste of his character of he just sat around playing video games.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:47 am

Last week's episode did slowly start to show the anger and the fire in Bruce Wayne to unleash the BAT-FURY.....and Alfred begins to be his first teacher in the arts of fighting....still not sure we NEEDED this and the development of a young Bruce Wayne...but at least its a better story.....the show is growing nicely around Gordon's exploits (though his wife Barbara is still pretty useless too)